How Many Zero Owners Have An Lsd Diff Fitted?

Guest donaldthomps

Guest donaldthomps

Interested to see how many of you Zero owners have an LSD fitted out there?

What is your experience of getting it fitted?

Any problems afterwards?

Thanks, Donald

Guest donaldthomps

Donald I never got to the bottom off my problem of fitting mine. I will be going the route of fitting a Quaife to my diff.

Hi, how many spacers you fit either side out of interest?

Guest donaldthomps

I have a 3.62 sierra lsd in a series 3. Problem free. Second best mod I have made to the car. Best was toyo 888s.

Hi, how many spacers did you fit either side?

Guest foxtrot

Mine is not an lsd but it is the 7.5 inch diff with bolt on flanges much like the lsd I had no problem's fitting mine apart from the fact it's bloody heavy and I was doing it on my own. From memory the only difference's are you need alot less spacers altogether, depending on the age of your chassis you may or maynot need to file a small amount off of one of the diff webbings and finally the big long bolt thats supposed to go right through the body of the diff you have to exchange for two shorter bolts one from either side.

Guest donaldthomps

None needed on my chassis.

Sorry for the slow answer. Been away.

Nigel

Hi Nigel,

Your using an LSD Diff without spacers on a Zero - just checking?

Is the car on the road and driving?

Donald

Guest Rallyreason

I have a Zero, standard diff with push in shafts. I have read the problems that Whiz has had, so if i go LSD i am going to look at something like a ZF or similar.

Apparently you can just change out the internals of my current diff and keep everything else as is? (need to do more research before i go that route though)

Guest donaldthomps

I have a Zero, standard diff with push in shafts. I have read the problems that Whiz has had, so if i go LSD i am going to look at something like a ZF or similar.

Apparently you can just change out the internals of my current diff and keep everything else as is? (need to do more research before i go that route though)

I have been to see GBS a few times to discuss the LSD 'issue', they said that they do not understand why there would be a problem, that being said, I am yet to find anyone driving around in a Zero with one.

I will be popping back to see them next week to find out if any of there cars (the full cage demonstrator) has one fitted and try to get to the bottom of the issue, if there is one.

Update to follow on this.

Guest boggybogstar

i have a 3.92 lsd in my zero, fits perfectly and a brilliant upgrade, ive got a couple of spacers on each side that total about 5mm from memory, i had an open diff when i first built it with drums but the swap out was straight forward.