Dgav Foam Air Filter

baj25

Does anyone have a good condition foam type air filter/fittings for DGAV (e.g. ITG formula ford type) that they want to sell? Sensible price paid.

North West ideally, or meet Stoneleigh on Sunday.

TIA,

Brian

Brian

It is Pipercross. On their show stand you can mix and match base plates and types of filter. They carry the main types in stock, but you can pay the show price on the day and they will send you the bits if they haven't got what you want.

I bought one with a 30/34 DFTH base but only had limited clearence under the bonnet. Their minimum filter height is 25mm I think, but if you ask them nicely they will cut and fix one to a custom height.

The base plates are normally about £12 and the filters about £25 but they do a 'show deal' of both for £25 quid.

Alternatively you can go down a different route and make up something suitable. I have now changed my carb to a 32/36 DGV and have made an air filter using the base plate of an old chrome 'pancake filter' and made a filter using proper filter foam. The air opening is about twice the size of the original pancake filter and works fine. Will post a pic later ...

HTH

There you go. Max Air.

The foam in this is 14mm thick air filter foam and there is at 50% more air flow than it originally had.

There's still a good half inch clearance from the lowest part of the bonnet, and it doesn't hit the bonnet even when throwing the car around. I did substitute the original dome headed bolts for the little stainless discs, which came with a set of mini wiper fittings.

And I think it looks pretty smart ;)

Respect the pancake :ph34r:

Thanks Richard, I’ll start off doing something similar, it does indeed look smart. I’ll just have to take it off when Big Jim comes round to avoid a Jim shaped dent in my garage roof!

Cheers, Brian