AREA MEETING TIMES AND LOCATIONS

philshelton

I have the choice of two area meetings both about the same distance away a round trip of aprox eighty miles,not I have an hour to spare or a last minute pop out trip especially when you do not have any wet weather gear.Perhaps if members went to a meeting on their doorstep and liked it they would be more inclined to attend meetings further afield.

Are there many member close to you? Could be worth considering a new are meet as an option? If existing ones are relocated it will always extend the travel distance for someone. Will never be able to please all.

Surely that is why the original idea was for a rotating area venue

Changing the location of the W, W, W Mids meet is something that I have considered but haven't implemented for several reasons. We always get a good attendance and maybe 50% of the people who attend, don't come on the forum, they just turn up. This would mean having to contact people individually and directly which I don't have the time to do. Also we are a large geographic area and people are well spread out but the Malt Shovel is fairly central to most which helps with travel time to the venue as it's not always easy getting around Birmingham on a weekday evening.

I'm quite sure that if we were to have an interim meeting (possibly on another Wednesday) at another venue, that it would get some support. If you have a suitable venue in mind, post it up and I will help however I can to get people to attend.

• 1 year later...

It's actually 'Alan Richey' :) Because it's a big County we tend to move around rather than a fixed day/time. But a favourite is 'GearHeads at the Ground' at the Newark Showground, which is only 30 mins or so from you. First meet of the year is 15th April. We also like a Sunday lunch at the Muskham Ferrry if the weather is nice. I always announce these on the forum so just keep a look out.

• Like 1