Temp

jaimo

In this weather my pinto is getting hot so prob the vicous fan is not working correctly so i got a pull electric fan ordered mounting kit and biksz has give me as below a thermostat that slides in top hose and joined to a temp dial that u set what temp to kick in has anyone used one of these are they any good

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 2b cruising

Usually a lack of air flow at low speeds.

Last year even in September, my engine was getting very hot.

I cleared out my nose cone by moving other items that had been stuffed in there as the space was to convenient.

Then created a gap between the bonnet and scuttle for air to get out through.

Also created a scoop in front of the radiator on the underside of the car.

No matter how hot the weather gets, my engine never goes above working temperature. Even when giving it loads of the loud pedal, the needle stays on the N

i got no side panels in nose cone, rad prob wants flush, no vents in bonnet etc

none of this helps and before this weather week was at constant middle temp on gauge and when moving at a decent speed theres no problem mainly in slow traffic and stood etc

i wanted to wait till winter when i will get new rad, thermo fan etc etc

so shud i use the fan controller and electric fan and maybe a couple of vents and side panels in nose cone till then or any orther suggestions

its got to make it to pickering end of month so time limited

Guest mower man

If i remember correctly you have no vents in your bonnet so with the weather at the pres I'm not surprised it is getting a bit warm side vents are easiest got mine from gbs as said low speed cruising don't help either is nose cone ducted to make air go through rad instead of round it ,exhaust wrapped ? every little bit helps I even went alloy rad and waterless coolant to get reliable temps . I'll talk to you further when we set it up name a day soon mick :acute:

Guest 2b cruising

i got no side panels in nose cone, rad prob wants flush, no vents in bonnet etc

none of this helps and before this weather week was at constant middle temp on gauge and when moving at a decent speed theres no problem mainly in slow traffic and stood etc

i wanted to wait till winter when i will get new rad, thermo fan etc etc

so shud i use the fan controller and electric fan and maybe a couple of vents and side panels in nose cone till then or any orther suggestions

its got to make it to pickering end of month so time limited

It won't hurt to fit the fan as it will be of some benefit.

Side vents in nose cone not much use as before the radiator and very little air flow. You could even rob your radiator of forced air coming through the nose cone.

Air vents in bonnet sides are good.

Seal around radiator very good and recommended.

Guest Gargoil

Bonnet vents and a good electric fan are a fine start. Probably won't cure it all but will give you the time to enjoy your car and look at it in more detail after on.

Guest Ian & Carole

No matter how much cold air you chuck at the radiator fully shrouded or not, with a fan chucking 100000.00 cubic feet of air a second at it, if the hot air has now-where to go you are wasting your time and effort.

You must be able to get rid of what is in there !! end of --------------full stop.

Try lifting the screen end of your bonnet by an inch, that will be a start, not petty but it will help.

But to answer your OP yes the controller in the top hose works fine, all I had on mine for 12 years.

Just make sure you always have the system full of water, if the top hose gets air into it the reading will be all over the place.