Do I Need A Fuel Presure Regulator With My Facet Fuel Pump For R1 Carb

Guest windscreen man

Guest 2b cruising

Not an absolute necessity. However they are advisable to stop any pressure surges and aid smooth running. You must also make sure of the correct pressure setting for your carbs as to much can start other problems. ie, leaking seal or gaskets, leakage through float valves ect.

Best way is to find what pressure the bike run at. Then set to the same as it does not matter what size of engine you are running. The pressure with carbs is only low in comparison to injection systems.

Just this weekend i found that my bike carbs are VERY pressure sensitive, i'm running a facet pump (using a filter king regulator with gauge). Even with new needle valves and seats in the carbs 3psi made fuel dribble out - and i had to back it off to 2ish - now runs handsomely.

Guest mower man

Never bothered with a reg but mainly ran orig mech fuel pump, last off ran a Facet cube pump rated at 1.5 to3.5 psi no probs ,this was with a 38 dgas on a 2.1 [slightly warmed over [145bhp at flywheel ] bike carbs would prob be ok on this I think mowerman N.B. my ops only !!!!