2B - Fitting Electronic Speedo To Gearbox?

FERRINO

Evening all - Finally got back to doing some work on the car build after 8 month delay.

Decided to fit the Cambiare speed sensor from Ebay and type 9 adapter from Burtons.

It came as no surprise at all with RH champagne Engineering to find a vertical chassis member directly in the way:-

89Ue0dt.jpg

There is also a thick triangulation plate in the way behind the vertical chassis tube. I can't even see how you could connect the bog standard cable without hitting the chassis?

My question is - how has everybody else got round this issue? The £100 90 degree adaptor doesn't even look like it would fit?

Cheers

Tony

Thanks for the reply's. I do have the sensor for flange bolts/magnets that came with the Koso RX2n unit. I just was hoping to take the pulse output straight from the gearbox with the convertor - nice and simple. I guess it's my own fault for not checking the car before ordering £40's worth of adaptor/sensor.

I'm just really curious how anybody with a 2B has even connected their cable for the standard Sierra clocks! I guess they must have hacked away at the chassis and/or the thick triangulation strengthening plate?? Either that or the speedo cables are pressed up hard against the chassis tube and are rubbing/chaffing away nicely?

The gearbox must be positioned correctly as the gearbox mount underneath is fitted in the holes without needing to enlarge/slot etc. Therefore the speedo cable output must be directly opposite the chassis tube for everybody with a 2B right? Would love to see a picture of somebody elses please.

I did think about moving the Engine/box forward a bit to give clearance to the tube and just accept that the triangulation member will have to be butchered. It does all seem like such a bodge-job though.

Ill put a picture up of mine when I get in the garage tonight it has the original cable fitted and comes straight out I tot he drivers footwell although Im using the electronic output on the type 9 on the passenger side to run my dials.

Thanks Magh - That's very kind of you to get a picture. It's nice to finally see somebody elses.

I'll be in the garage tonight looking at the options of what can be done as I really would prefer to use the Electronic adapter rather than diff bolts.

You must be lucky and have one of the later Type 9 gearboxes that also has the Electronic output on the other side!

Thanks again for pic :)