Robin Hood Traditional Any Info Please?

Guest s2xos

hi people i am new to all this and am planning to buy a robin hood 'traditional' it is supposedly 3 years old and uses the sierra back end and is advertised in this months kit car magazine, thing is i am 19 and want the lightest and fastest possible combination and ideally weigh in at 600 kilos including me the driver can anyone give me any info or help regarding the 'TRADITIONAL' pls pls help me out people

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:D i think you will find the traditional refers to the type of car not the name of the car if you go onto the old site and click "about" you will see the types of robin hoods there has been 90% have been lotus 7 styled <_<

I've got to ask.....

What is meant by "traditional" I've never heard that term mentioned before,

you say it uses the Sierra backend,what about the rest of it????

can you find out from the seller what the model is......S7,S3,Exmo,2B,

I think you should stop and not let your heart rule your head,find out as much

as you can about all the different models through this forum,and with a clear

objective hopefully you should find the car that you want,because......

sorry to dampen your spirits,but it sounds like this is the first car you've seen advertised,big mistake.

All the best,I hope you find what you are looking for

Cheers Ian :D :D :D

regarding the weight issue ,i would guess that you car and driver would weigh in at about 830 kgs hoods aren't really classed as "lightweights" .

if its lightweight your after you'll have to dig a bit deeper in your pocket!!

however i don't think you can beat hoods for :D per £

thats far to heavy why will it be that heavy? thats not much lighter than my vts, i want at least 450 / 500 bhp per tonne, has anyone seen the ad yet in the mag top right of page

:unsure: I have seen the car you mention in the mag.I think the seller is alluding to a misconception that most robinhoods are un-finished,probably has lost his way on the car and given up!From the poor photo it seems that the car has inboard suspension, so would make it pre 2b,also the car would seem to be unregistered

for the road,no exhaust and a bit lopsided to mention just a few things.If you look on the same page in the mag a very nice 500bhp Ultima is for sale if youve got the money,there is also a very nice red MK2 Robinhood with apparently 180BHP at a sensible price.I dont think I would like to drive a 500bhp seven based replica on the road it would probably be a very frightening experience for me and other road users :D

regards chris

and i said 450/500 bhp per TONNE which is quite possible is it not

Errrr.....in a word, no. I'd say 500bhp per tonne in a Robin Hood is damn near IMpossible.

Even if you could find an engine putting out something like 375bhp, I doubt it would fit.

A 30 grand Radical with turbocharged bike engine only(!) has 400bhp/tonne, and that weighs half as much as your average Hood.

if my car weighed 600 kg and my engine kicked out 250 hp that would put me somewhere near 450 would it not and has anyone got any weights of there finished cars handy, no heater no carpet etc

If you really want to scare the s*%! and possibly the life (literally) out of your self get a bike...

ZX12R weighs 210kg and has 180bhp = 857bhp/TONNE If thats not enough add turbo and nitrous

or get a go kart with a Fireblade engine in it, then you can have carpets :D :lol: (do a search on here for info)

Dave

Guest mkeats02

Hello,

A Caterham R500 has 500 brake horsepower per ton, 0-60 in 3.4s, why do you want a car that can go that fast? Its quicker then a PAGANI ZONDA for gods sake!!Which may I add a RH is also a weekend car and should be enjoyed not crashed!! Your vts if untuned is 130bhp/tom and you wanna go up to 450-500 ya mad! Maybe ya just young and wanna show off, i'm only 21 and i'm only fitting a 1600 pinto with 80 BHP will be plenty quick enough for now, its pointless racing boy racers cos you know you can beat em! I'm going to tune mine when a bit more of an expeienced driver, and when I feel the need for more power! Tim the chairman has tuned BOB 2l to 180bhp 0-60 in approx 5 secs. The feeling of speed is also a different sensation to that of a everyday car!! Think carefully!!

Mike