New Lightweight Owner

Guest DoLittle52

Hi Chuckand all: How is your build going? Got my insurance claim off and look forward to getting the rest of the kit before snow flys. My shop is gonna be done before I get the LW parts. Chuck let me know the cost of the DVDs if you have the second set you made.

Thanks

Doug Dewitz

204 N 100 E Kanab,Utah 84741

435-689-0254

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hallelujah, Hallelujah. Just received e mails from my insurance claim and Richard Hall on missing parts on the LW including the DVDs. This thing will take off yet. I saw a Kit Car article on a bunch of 7s going from Texas to California. I am located where the photo shows the back of a headlight going into a canyon with a line of cliffs in the background. That is Marble Canyon near Lake Powell Arizona. Happy New Year to all.

Doug

Edited by CDD

hi doug

i have all the works panals that gbs sold when they finished with the lightweight , i dont know if you intend to complete the lightweight or not ? but if you do i may have the spare panals ect you need . i have at leaste 4 lightweight monos here in componant form . if you do need the bits let me know .

regards graham

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Graham. I have submitted payment for the final list of parts to Richard at GBS. They are having a problem getting the paypal payment off the computer. I have heard from ScottMac about DVDs and may get them from him saving some of that cost from GBS. Definitly will review instructions to see if I am missing further panels. Yes I intend to build the kit as soon as possible in 09. Economy here has gone in the toilet. Thanks for the panel offer.

Doug in Kanab,Ut

• 1 month later...
Guest BanderaBob
Thanks Graham. I have submitted payment for the final list of parts to Richard at GBS. They are having a problem getting the paypal payment off the computer. I have heard from ScottMac about DVDs and may get them from him saving some of that cost from GBS. Definitly will review instructions to see if I am missing further panels. Yes I intend to build the kit as soon as possible in 09. Economy here has gone in the toilet. Thanks for the panel offer.

Doug in Kanab,Ut

Hey Doug, Am happy to have seen some hope on the resolution of your claim. Please let me know when you get CD's. I'm interested in getting copies even at this late date. We should form our own sub-group of Hoodies--Those who bought from Coveland. We all got similar treatment. So happy that you're gung-ho on the project. I spoke with my professional consultant today ( my local garage ) and he's getting anxious to get it done. Please feel free to contact me anytime for advice or consolation whitch seems appropriate at the time. My best to all of the members of this group. Thanks, BanderaBob. 80% I recon. :rolleyes:

Guest ScotMac

OK US lightweight'ers, i do indeed have the DVD's, and i have no problem sending them to you. However, i am not endeared of the dvd burning process, in that it takes way too much time, tying up my computer(s) time for a week at a time (hours for each of 7 discs, and if you do other tasks on the machine you run the risk of creating a coaster).

So, here is what i told Dave (aspiring canadian lightweight'er): I'll ship them out to you, but i would prefer to do it on a solid state HDD's. eg, usb thumb drives, sd cards, ... i can handle pretty much any format.

Each dvd is about 4.5 gigs, so 2 16gig drives would work, if you want the full dvd's. You can get a 16g SD cards for ~$25-$30.

I will look into converting them into VCD's. If so, it takes the size down to ~700meg/disk or ~4.9 total. Still not easily postable on the web, but much more manageable, in terms of cutting discs.

Guest BanderaBob

ScottMac hello, I've not answered you personally 'til now. I'm BanderaBob. My kit was the much discussed "display" unit being built at Coveland. I received a set of VHS tapes with mine. They don't cover the entire build, nor do they all work. I would be evtremely happy to have copies any way that it would be the most convenient for you. Would be happy to buy thumb draives for the purpose. I'm not much of a computer whiz, so if that would save your time or make the process quicker, let me know and I'll very happy to either send you money or thumbs for the transfer. As a matter of fact, I'd be happy to distribute the copies from here if they are on Thumb drives to whomever you wished them to go. I'm one of those retired guys with lots of otime (and no money, especially now). Thanks for your time, Bob Bratton, 830-796-8877. BanderaBob