I've Finally Bought Another Kit Car!... Well, Sort Of? :0)

Guest Quarks7

Guest Quarks7

Hi Lads,

Long time no chat!

I'm an ex "Hoodie" who moved onto an MK Indy before finally going back to bikes

I've been looking to buy/build another kit for just over a year now.

After missing out on an AC Cobra kit last year. I started looking into building an MEV tR1ke kit. (Reverse Trike using a Yamaha R1 motor) They are a fairly easy build but after the Hayabusa engined MK Indy I had a few years ago. I swore I'd never have another bike engined car. Not because it wasn't quick or fun to drive. It's because the gear change at normal speeds was clunky as hell. Yet it was like a knife through butter if I was driving it like I'd stolen it! Consequently it encouraged me to drive like a bellend! Loads of fun but not great if you like to maintain a clean driving licence?

To cut a long story short. I've just purchased a factory built tR1ke. It has every factory option plus some. inc a Klicktronic flappy paddle gear box. So no crunchy gear changes at any speed!

I will genuinely miss the build process but I couldn't build a car to this standard/quality without spending £1000's more than this ready made car. It's a 15 plate with only 1500 miles from new. Owned by a guy who's close to 80yrs old. Never been on a racetrack (so he said?) & in as new condition. The purchase rather than building one was a total no brainer!

I thought my old Hayabusa powered kit was rapid? Infact I have an 18" trophy from Santa Pod to prove it was. However the new toy makes the MK look like an asthmatic snail!

Imagine a 750cc sports bike. That you can nail from a standstill or in any gear. Without the fear that it might spit you off? The acceleration/performance is truly astonishing. It feels like it has enough power to spin the world backwards? The cornering forces it'll take before breaking traction have rearranged your internal organs long before it it looses grip!

Anyway.... As I was still welcome here when I defected to an MK Indy. I was wondering if I'd still be welcome with the new toy?

Guest Quarks7

Cheers Lads,

Thank you for the latest warm welcome. If it's not raining this coming Sunday & my local meet is on at Tilbrook? I might pop over for a catch up with a few of you?

Guest Quarks7

Welcome back Jez :)

Hi Grim,

Glad to see your still on here mate. What have you been up to?

Last time I went to a RHOCAR meet I had an MGF. They didn't laugh toooo much?

Imagine a 750cc sports bike. That you can nail from a standstill or in any gear. Without the fear that it might spit you off? The acceleration/performance is truly astonishing. It feels like it has enough power to spin the world backwards? The cornering forces it'll take before breaking traction have rearranged your internal organs long before it it looses grip!

One of the best paragraphs I've read for a long time!!!

Sounds amazing! Any photos?

Cheers Lads,

Thank you for the latest warm welcome. If it's not raining this coming Sunday & my local meet is on at Tilbrook? I might pop over for a catch up with a few of you?

there is a classic car meet at earls barton

looks a better bet than tilbrook to be honest

details below

Are you joining us for the "Sunday Brunch Meet" - this week - 21st May?

Classic Car and Bike Meet

at Earls Barton, NN6 0HF (junction 10 off A45)

Gates open at 9am to 1.30pm.

Come and enjoy breakfast, and stay for lunch too! Bacon/sausage rolls, burgers, speciality coffee and cakes.

Mid morning we will be joined by "The Fabulous Miss Jones" who will be singing a range of songs from Ella Fitzgerald, Peggy Lee, Nina Simone, Amy Winehouse and many more songs to entertain you.

Why not bring along your children? There will also be a bouncy castle raising money for Earls Barton Schools too!

Edited by Dave R

Guest Quarks7

One of the best paragraphs I've read for a long time!!!

Sounds amazing! Any photos?

Thank you,

I have photos but can't see how to post them? I seem to recall it takes a load of pi$$ing about via Photobucket? I no longer have an account with them.

Weather permitting, I'll be in it at the Earls Barton show on Sunday. Maybe one of the other lads could take/post a photo? Or Google/Youtube "MEV EXO TR1KE"

Guest Quarks7

there is a classic car meet at earls barton

looks a better bet than tilbrook to be honest

details below

Are you joining us for the "Sunday Brunch Meet" - this week - 21st May?

Classic Car and Bike Meet

at Earls Barton, NN6 0HF (junction 10 off A45)

Gates open at 9am to 1.30pm.

Come and enjoy breakfast, and stay for lunch too! Bacon/sausage rolls, burgers, speciality coffee and cakes.

Mid morning we will be joined by "The Fabulous Miss Jones" who will be singing a range of songs from Ella Fitzgerald, Peggy Lee, Nina Simone, Amy Winehouse and many more songs to entertain you.

Why not bring along your children? There will also be a bouncy castle raising money for Earls Barton Schools too!

Hi Dave,

What time are you guys getting there? Not toooo early I hope? As I still need a "LOT" of beauty sleep!

Guest Quarks7

I would handed out a few more likes. However apparently I've reached my daily limit for liking peoples posts? WTF is that all about!:0(