Exhaust Wrap Frustration

It's easier if you remove the exhaust from engine .a lot easier said than done the only way this system can be removed is by taking the head off , so I will struggle on and do it the hard way. I love working on my car, but why can't I get a break for once,OK rant over , day off tomorrow hopefully it will fly on , update to come maybe with photo

At the top of the shaft somewhere under the servo is a bolt with locknut which secures the extension shaft clamp to the triangular part of the steering column. Remove the nut, then the bolt and swivel the top part of the clamp away (it swivels on a large rivet). The top end of the extension shaft then comes away for you to get better access. On my 3A I have to turn the manifold as I remove it to get it out.

I used the "titanium" wrap which does not make you itch. I soaked it first then put it on, securing it with stainless clips.

Finally got the damned exhaust off removing the steering shaft helped but I had to extend the chassis's hole and loosen the brake reservoir to allow it out plus enough swearing to condemn myself to at least 50 years of pergutary. BUT ITS OFF

• Like 1