Superspec Stuttering

deano266

You could eliminate the basics first - you need three things to run an engine: fuel, air, ignition - once you've confirmed all these are good then it must be the MEMs.

1. Fuel. With engine at idle, check return fuel flow is constantly good. Return is low pressure - maybe add some clear piping in to see fuel being returned (any other ideas?).

2. Ignition. Many years ago an AA guy disconnected one of the HT leads and held close to engine block so could see healthy spark when engine cranked over.

3. Air. I guess check for no blockages.

This post started with: "I've changed the fuel pump". So I guess you had the same problem before you changed the pump? Is problem now better or worse?

-steve

It did happen before. I have changed the pump over as to eliminate the pump as it had run dry when the fuel gauge didn't work. I could always put it back in as now I know how to do it. It hasnt made any difference.

I have also run without the air filter and reset the tps for it.

I haven't checked for the spark on all four but I know cylinder 1 is getting a good spark.

The only other thing I could do is take apart the injection manifold to check for blockage and check the injectors

Edited by deano266