Rear Drive Shafts

Guest gazza1591

Guest gazza1591

Not sure mate been told a Sierra 4x4 and granada aswell so insure. I have a set of 108mm diameter shafts here but the ends only measure 33mm thick and when fitted there isn't enough travel on them so need ones with 40mm end caps

Guest lotusPaul

I got 5 stud granada ones somewhere which is why i asked. They may be what you need, i need 4 studs but i got them as a package reasonably cheap with a 7.5in lsd.

If theyre the ones you want give me a shout.

Get the parts piecemeal is a nightmare, been there, got the Tee shirt.

I'd check carefully what diff you've got (size and ratio). Even if you get a pair of the correct shafts (I got lucky and got some for £100), if the diff is 7.5" the choice of ratios is limited and It may be easier to go to a 7" diff on the basis that the driveshafts are available new for not much money, and if your existing hub flanges are 4 stud and 108mm joints, they fetch good money.

Unfortunately you're probably not in a position to try and get a complete rear beam now so you're probably stuck with waiting for the Cossy shafts to turn up at the right price. The fact that you haven't got them with the current set up suggests that someone else has trouble sourcing them as well.

Guest gazza1591

Hi Richard silly question but how do I know what diff I have is it marked up anywhere? And I have one correct shaft all ready it's just when I was sold the kit car, the lad I got it off had lost the other one so I thought just buy some off ebay not knowing that there is different sizes of them

I'm after 108mm Lobro Shafts and drive flanges as changing to a merc Diff which is 108mm, I was considering buying from J&R as they sell them.

I currently have a 3.92 Diff with 100mm lobros and will have the 100mm drive flanges, and driveshafts to go with it if any good we could sort something out?

Sam.