Series 7 Windscreen Frame

Yes, thanks for the replies. Thats what I am going to do i think, use long thin bolts. One end would be concealed behind the brackets and the other end underneath. I had toyed with using a small plate bonded to both pieces of frame underneath and on the back but I think nuts and bolts will be safer. Going to try to get that fitted now so I can take the frame in tonight for a new piece of glass

• 2 months later...

Changed my plans in the end and went for two pieces of aluminium angle bonded to each end of the screen, one on the bottom rail and one on the side piece with a small bolt to hold them together. That worked OK. As for the fixing to the side supports I ground down the heads of some bolts so they were almost paper thin and put them in before the glass making sure they were not protruding in to the glass. Nuts on the outside and some plastic covers on top. Job done, neater and got to be more secure than ground off self tappers that were there before.

Did 160 miles before a stone chipped the screen, waiting for a repair man on Thursday now!

You're lucky that someone can repair it. When I had a chip in mine it was too close to the edge of the glass (20mm) for them to come out and fix it. Bought a kit off eBay and did it myself!