The Uk Kit Car Club Track Day.

Matt brown

Ok from what has been said over the past few days and things I have been thinking about since I joined the club on making it better I have a suggestion that I would like input on.

I would like to organise a track day for the club which has a discounted price for members and also include non members at a higher price to fill the remaining spaces.

What I would like to know is, what track would people like to see? So I can contact them to try and organise a deal for the club

My idea is in theory anyway is to get a price for say a 30 car track day and have it so the club members get first dibs at a £30 discount to the non members. This would encourage non members to join the club which would save them £10 on there day and make more money and gain members for the club. Which will also inturn gain the club more stage presence due to people talking about the day on social media by sharing there experience and photos.

How does everyone feel about this?

• Like 1

Speak to some tracks, get the details together on what would be needed and costs involved and go from there. I would suggest starting off with somewhere smaller like Curborough and building from there, we were actually discussing this very idea at the mids meet last night.

These may be worth a call. It may not be possible to book the track(s) for our clubs sole use,

but maybe a block booking would be welcome?

https://nolimitstrackdays.com/uk-tracks.html

Just looked a bit further....these may be bike trackdays.....I'll keep looking.

Given my location Ive been to Brands, Lydden, North weald, and Croft,

But I'm also willing to travel further North for a good blast.

Edited by Bob Tucker

Go big or go home ay Andi!!

Lol, Sorry Matt, could`nt resist. Welcome to the world of sorting stuff out and asking for suggestions....

But seriously, yes good idea. I only have experience of Curborough, it`s very small and very safe and lots of fun. I know some of the Brummies have contacts.

Maybe ask Shyboy or Richy when you see them next.

Problem with Curborough is availability. Most likely it will need to be a week day, as all the weekend slots in the year are generally booked already (and if not, are quite expensive, last time we applied it was £800 for a half-day, with a 20 or 30 car limit, I can't quite remember). It is a noise-sensitive venue too, and David (the course sec) normally pops along and checks up on what's going on as he lives locally.

I've offered to help organise a Curborough thing before as I "sort of" know David through membership of Shenstone club in the past, and other clubs in the area. If you don't have any joy let me know. You rarely get him on the phone and need to leave a message ;)

Edited by brumster

We only want to pay £20 for it though, club and non-members can fund the rest. Thanks! :D

haha well that depends on numbers, I'm sending messages out now on my lunch break so hopefully get a idea on price soon.

Lol, Sorry Matt, could`nt resist. Welcome to the world of sorting stuff out and asking for suggestions....

But seriously, yes good idea. I only have experience of Curborough, it`s very small and very safe and lots of fun. I know some of the Brummies have contacts.

Maybe ask Shyboy or Richy when you see them next.

After I did the photo shoot last year I though id have a go at s bigger event. after all the negative stuff going on at the min we need some positive vibes going on

• Like 2