Battery Warning Light Problem

Pintogogo

Whilst fitting ETB gauges I decided to fit savage switches and warning lights, all work as they should except the battery warning light wont go off when engine started.

I connected the wire that previously went to my digital gauge unit to the + side of the savage switch and the other end to earth but it stays illuminated when engine started.

Can anyone point me in the right direction

Battery or alternator warning light doesnt go to earth. It should connect between 12v panel power and the thin wire from the alternator. Equal potential when engine is running will mean the light goes out. Gets more complicated if you have an LED though.

Thanks for help it is much appreciated, what size resistor do I need and does it go on 12v ign live side or thin wire from alternator side, also my lamps are LED so I was going to put a small bulb holder with a 2w bulb between lamp & alternator

On Florin we have an LED ignition lamp in the instrument bezel & a 5watt ? tungsten ( maybe smaller) additional warning lamp in the dash --- this gives a second indication of ignition ON & provides the necessary exciter current to the alternator ( which is what Alan described above I think ) The extra warning lamp is wired in parallel with the LED

Edited by florin metal works