Digital Speedo Who's Got One

Guest motojohn

I run a Telemetrix (Smiths) speedo running of magnets on the rear prop flange.

You need to glue the magnets on with 24Hr araldite and make sure the gap to the sensor is correct. Sensor bracket should be firmly mounted to prevent any vibration movement

As above , we use Smiths Flight Gauges on Florin, these are stepper motor units controlled by a Hall effect sender mounted very near the differential flange & it reads the pulses from the diff bolts. Spacing needs to be very tight, we needed to file off any points of the bolt heads if they were the nearest to the sender. Has worked without a hiccup for seven years.

It's a Chinese no name one from E-Bay that just sits on the scuttle and provides a heads up display on the windscreen. I bought it as an emergency replacement when my speedo cable snapped just before last years's MOT. But it turned out to be so good that I now use it as my main speedo. The only downside is that it doesn't include an odometer.

See https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GPS-HUD-Digital-HeadUpDisplay-Car-Truck-Speedometer-Warning-Navigator-/282922852045?hash=item41df841ecd

post-12714-0-62699400-1535024512_thumb.jpg