Rip Driveshaft

WallerZ

This will do as my temporary fix until GBS can get me a new shaft

20170829_184916.jpg

20mm spacer between the bolting faces, the limit is apparently approx 25mm spacer for this diff type so we'll give it a go. 150-200 miles and it seems to be ok so far. Although majority of those miles have been cruising and careful throttle usage. Keeps me moving though :D

Guest mcramsay

Personally I would wait for the new shaft than drive with that set up. Might work to get the car around the garage but it's an accident waiting to happen.... in my opionion

• 3 weeks later...

As it happened, the alternator has decided its no longer going to charge the battery, so the car has been sat untouched for 2 weeks. Probably for the best before I broke something else....Didn't seem to have any issues with some minor spirited driving :p

Anyway, update, GBS have just despatched a new driveshaft. Hopefully here Thursday but I'm away from Thursday night so I won't find out whats happened until Sunday at the earliest :( maybe Monday if I need to collect it from somewhere.

Hats off to GBS though. From drop off to receiving it back, it will have been just a day over 3 weeks. Better than the 2 month wait I had originally :p

• Like 1