Lincolnshire Meetings For June

alanrichey

Hi all

I know we are only half way through May but I thought I would give everyone a 'heads-up' for June for your diaries.

On Saturday 13th June, Richard (richard7), Mick & Stella (mowerman) and I will probably again attend the "HorsePower at the Hall" meet (https://www.facebook.com/horsepoweratthehall, I see we are still their cover photo :)) at Doddington Hall near Lincoln, from 09:00 to 12:00. Even with the rain there were still about 100 cars turned out at the May meet, so if the weather if half way decent there should be a much better turnout. A great chance for catching up with everyone, in a petrol-head environment, with a pub lunch afterwards for those interested.

On Sunday 21st there is the annual Castle Bytham Midsummer Fair (http://www.midsummerfair.co.uk/). We had 9 cars there last year and I know everyone who went enjoyed it. It is a 'classic' village show (stalls, classic cars, BBQ, duck race, beer tent, morris dancers, BBMF flypast......). The organisers have said we are welcome to come back, and as the theme this year is the 60s, it is appropriate that they display lots of Lotus 7 lookalikes. Please let me know if you are interested so I can give them a rough idea of numbers.

Still looking for a good weekend for a picnic meet up at Rutland Water :)

• 4 weeks later...

Well we managed the Rutland Water picnic today so we can tick that one off. :)

What I need to know now is how many will be attending the Castle Bytham Midsummer Fair (http://www.midsummerfair.co.uk/) on Sunday 21st just so I can give the organisers a rough idea of numbers. So far I have

Kerry & Sharon

Derek & Mo (dropping in on the way back from Cromer)

Mark (iceman46) (Possible)

Any more ?

Al

P.S. Don't forget "HorsePower at the Hall" next Saturday (13th)

Edited by alanrichey

Looking at the weather forecast for tomorrow (Saturday) I doubt I will be going to 'Horsepower at the Hall'. Good luck to anyone else who fancies trying :)

And still waiting for replies for the Midsummer Fair at Castle Bytham so I can tell the origanisers. So far only 1 and a half and 1 possible. Is that it ?

Al

Guest Richard7

Yes, forecast is awful for tomorrow, so I shall not bother setting the alarm clock. If weather does clear up I might pop over at some stage.

OK, obviously not a huge rush of enthusiasm for this year :) I've told the organisers to expect anywhere between 0 and 4 cars. On that basis they won't bother trying to group us together as last year, but are happy for us to be treated as display cars. So for those that do go (and I do recommend it as a day out) just park anywhere on the hills at Castlegate or Heathcote Road with the rest of the classic cars. And enjoy the day.

Here is a Google Maps link that shows the entry point for display cars.

Edited by alanrichey