Brake Pipes

rthomas69

I am about to start fitting brake pipes & the easiest (& cheapest, because I can make them at work) option for me is to use braided hoses all the way between the master cylinder & calipers.

Would Mr IVA be happy with these or does it need solid pipes & short flexi pipes at the end?

Rich

i don't know why but it just doesn't seem right to me. I know it must be but i guess i'm so used to seeing solid tubing to flexi.

Thinking out loud but at a guess maybe the reason production cars don't use flexi all the way is cost and longevity. Easier to replace a perished flexi between caliper and body than the entire run back to MC.

remember braided will be harder to do a visual check on condition of pipe.

Also on a practical note how will you screw them in? will you have a joiner somewhere, as if you screw it in to the MC you can't then screw it into the caliper without removing the caliper and turning it around to screw it on, otherwise you'd be twisting the pipe.

• Like 1

Guest 2b cruising

You can get any type of joint these days. Swivel female nuts onto mail couplings screwed well into the hole will make a good sealed joint in this case.

All parts available from Car Builder Supplies.