Car Cut Out And Now Won't Start

Guest subaru

Guest peter2b2002

just a thought, at 3 bar the fuel pressure might be a bit too high, as happened to my efi after I fitted an after market pressure valve, engine ran fine for a couple of days then very bad miss fire -back fire and smell of fuel, didn't like running at all, turned out to be the fuel return pipe was part blocked by the inner lining of the return pipe collapsing causing the fuel pressure going up to near pump pressure causing over fuelling,

did give nice flames out of the exhaust though

peter2b

Guest The Modfather

If there is oil in the catch tank, could there be too much crank pressure and could that cause a ring to crack?

Defo check to see that the oil breather pipes and other oil ways are clear.

Don't wish to put the mockers on it but me thinks a strip down is likely. If there were probs on the low tension side then surely these would have shown up on the diagnostic checks that Andy completed?

Just seen Peter's post, Has this been checked?

Guest subaru

Hi Guys,

Many thanks as always for your input. Andy i think the belt and cams are ok. With the first piston at TDC both cam shafts seemed at the same angle. I put a ruler across the top but back end of the cams and they seemed at the same angle ie Horizontal. In between decorating i will try and get to test the compression. Have a good Weekend.

Cheers chris

Hi Guys,

Many thanks as always for your input. Andy i think the belt and cams are ok. With the first piston at TDC both cam shafts seemed at the same angle. I put a ruler across the top but back end of the cams and they seemed at the same angle ie Horizontal. In between decorating i will try and get to test the compression. Have a good Weekend.

Cheers chris

Well that's good, another issue ruled out. Keep going!

Guest subaru

Well that's good, another issue ruled out. Keep going!

Hi Guys,

At last a result. The pressure on the rear two cylinders is reading 7 and 8 Bar and the front two are both reading 12 bar. I assuming that this cause is a head gasket unless rings or valves have gone on both? Looks like i will need to strip the engine and see what my untrained eyes can see. Yikes a bit daunting so would really really appreciate any help please if i start to struggle.

Many Thanks Chris