Seats

Guest Alan Harrison

Guest Alan Harrison

I just missed a couple of seats from a Bx GTI in ebay. Shame because they look really nice and I know Citroen seats are nice and comfy. Whats everyone else using.........other than the RH seats

Guest Battery Bill

I know you say other than RH seats, but we are using Recaro's (as supplied by RH and a million scrapyards around the country. We have had to cut lots from the base and weld new straps across, but they are now only 50mm from the floor (less than a Cobra) This is important as I am 6ft 4 and Joey probably will get there soon. (size 10 feet 12 years old!).

We have a section on our website about chopping ours up.

cheers

Guest SteveL

Cobra Roadsters. Very easy to fit into the 2B, and very comfortable. Both are on runners, but they're only about 30mm from the floor. Everything came from Merlin Motorsport.

Steve

Just to be different - I've got self made seats. 3 parts - 2 swabs and a single back panel. Less than 100 quid total cost, and they took 2 days to make. Headrest provision included. Colour and design of your choice. Extra leg room comes for free :rolleyes:

Ant

seat_back_finished_3.jpg

Guest Mr Pid

Ive got some beautiful cobra racnig seats in black rock material with blue embroidery, they look lovely but are bolted stright to the floor!!! :o

yeh i was impatient and wanted to get them in asap, i guess it will be much safer and practical to get some runners. Did someone say metro ones are pretty good? Admittedly i am 5"11 and cant see over the bonnet that well once i'm in the car!

You could always ask Ant if he fancies making another set?! :D

Stu :rolleyes:

Guest Rob Walters

Alan I have got one of the older S7's with the origninal seats, I've been looking at seats in Europa they do Cobra, Richfield and Corbeau. I have consisdered the Cobra roadster 7 but as I have already got a torneau cover that I dont want to alter it. Due to the width Im fairly limited to the choice. I have also looked at the Cobra classic and cub. But I think I am goign to settel for the Richfield RX1155N in cloth (the existing seats are vinyl and I sweat like the proverbial on a hot day), one of the main selection criteria is the height as I do not want to change the torneau.

I would be interested to know if any one has used these seats before.

The lead time on the Richfield is about 6 weeks, if you go direct to richfiled then they work out cheaper.

these links may be usefull

www.richfieldseating.co.uk

www.europspares.com

www.cobraspares.com

regards

Rob

Guest Alan Harrison

Corr those Richfield seats look nice. It looks like the bill will come to about £400 for the pair when you add the runners. I could afford that, but I'd have to do without wheels and tyres.

I saw some cream and blue vinyl seats by Intatrim that I really like but they were even more money. Also I think your point about sweaty seats is valid.

Oh damn it! The suns gone in. I'll never finish this car.

Rob,

My S7 has Mini seats. My only gripe about them is that they are too low - I prefer a headrest. I have a set of Mini seats with headrests - the headrests sit nicely between my shoulder-blades. Headrests my a*se.

If anyone has a local salvage yard that gets bent motors it's worth looking for a set of Daewoo Matiz seats as they are nice and comfy and dead narrow.

Iain

Guest paul thompson
Did Someon say Metro ones are pretty good?

Yes, I have those, they are very flat indeed, you will need to modify the bar that releases the lock tho' cause it is too wide, I only have the drivers side operational, but I used the passenger side ones to keep the seat heights the same.

Guest Alan Harrison

I think Ant's home made seats are a good idea. They remind me of an old car my dad owned with a bench front seat. I think it was a Vauxhall. It had a column change. It must have been brilliant for courting couples. Hmmmmm. Now, if I just cut through those two tubes there move the pipes and wires to one side and eeeerrrrrrr convert to front wheel drive I could install an Antbenchseat and maybe I could pull some birds. I just have to get rid of this oil from under my finger nails.

Guest piddy

Hello Alan.

I have Cobra roadster 7 seats fitted very good.

I know of some one that had a pair of Renault 5 seats :D he was given away. :D :D

They are grey with red stripes and would suit a hood very well,especially a red one.

I've just sent him an e mail to see if there still available. :unsure:

Piddy.

Guest Anthony B

All

I have fitted OMP Eco Sky seats in black vinyl to my S7 to replace the cobra roadster 7 seats that were originally fitted. They are mounted on a subframe I made up, in fixed position.

They look good as they have a big OMP logo on them, are very comfortable and give great location. They JUST fit in which keeps it pretty snug and are about £110 from demon tweeks.

Ant

Hmmmmm. Now, if I just cut through those two tubes there move the pipes and wires to one side and eeeerrrrrrr convert to front wheel drive I could install an Antbenchseat and maybe I could pull some birds.

Strangely enough I pulled before I started work on the kit car. Perhaps as well really B)