Indicators

Guest turbo

Guest turbo

hi guys

wired up the rest of my vicky green loom tonight except front lights & indicators things seem ok but there is no sighn of life at the indicators.

any ideas or tests?

than ks turbo. :unsure:

Guest klaxon

If your doner wiring is the same as mine I found this worked.

There are 2 Black/White wires and a Black/Green coming from the column switch. The Black/green goes to Green/White on the VG loom then one Black/White goes to Green/Red (Which seems to be marked Green+Brown on the VG diagram) and the other Black/White goes to Pale Green/Red.

If it doesn't work first time, swap the 2 Black/Whites, they will only work one way.

I hope this works for you.

Guest turbo

sorry claxon but this is the way the drawing shows and the way they are wired. tryed all night to get them going but still nothing.

any more suggestions would be great.

ps the hazzard lights work fine.

thanks turbo.

Guest turbo

got my indicators working today.

there is a pale green and black wire thatcomes from the vicky green loom to supply the indicators, there was nothing there so i ran a ignition 2 supply to the wire and the indicators now work :)

then i found my next fault,when i was behind the dash i saw another wire with pale green with black,this is for the washer bottle pump so when i tested it with my meter while pressing the washer jet switch it blew the fuse.(this was before i supplied my other pale green and black with 12v.)

is it possible someone made a mistake when making the loom,has anyone else found mistakes on the vg.loom?

thanks turbo. :wacko:

Guest Battery Bill

Turbo

has anyone else found mistakes on the vg.loom?

I think if you type in Vicky Green into the RHOcar search engine you will probably find quite a few issues with the VG loom.

PS I did not have one by the way :D :D

Sierra column switches come in two types, pre 87 and post 87. The washer circuit is different. Pre 87 column washer switch is a switched earth and the motor has an ignition live supply. Post 87 the column washer switch switches the supply to the motor which returns and earths through a constant earth in the switch. The circuits are different and you need to know which switch you have. You can test to see what pin 53C does. Early it earths when you wash, late it supplys 12v when you wash.

Nigel

Guest Deviousdavey

Guys, I'm having a similar problem with my indicators, all wired up but no sign of life!!!!

Should any of the 3 wires which go to the indicator stalk 'connector block' have 12 Volts at them when the ignition is on?? I dont seem to have power at any of them, I've checked all fuses and still no joy! :angry:

Any help appreciated.

Dave :blink: