Another Ebay Rip Off

Guest Battery Bill

Guest MarkLarge

I've sold a few brochures (not Robin Hood!!) that i have accumulated over the years - and indeed bought some if i perhaps have bought another classic car to see how it was advertised when new.

Something for sale

Put on ebay on the 'open market'

Someone wants to buy the item for sale

Pays a sum of money depending on who else wants to buy it

I'm not sure at all how that constitutes a rip off

Guest hypermick

For what its worth I think its only a matter of how someone values something. I dont think it matters that it was free to begin with.

If initial value (i,e its original cost) is the only consideration then an uninterested party will deem any premium chargable as unfair and thus say its a rip off. On the other hand a party with an interest in the content will, in order to have that information to hand, place a value on it, and in many cases will pay for it, giving little consideration to the fact the item was free to begin with.

I can mention one instance where a restaurant menu changed hands for a couple of thousand pounds and the buyer was more than happy to pay that for it. That wasn't a rip off even though its material cost was, at the time of printing perhaps no more than a couple of pence.

Mick.

Guest rimexboy

Hi all

i have bought some of this ebayer and to be honest i have no probs paying for them, i placed my bid won the 3 items and he posted them nice condition they was and a great read,

iys the same old thing whats no use to some one may be use to someone else

thanks simon

for once Bill I dont agree with you :o I needed an original catalogue for my 205 and flebay was the only place I could find one, I know it looks like cold face cheek to sell a freebe but in the eyes of the guy buying it its priceless (ish!) or does that just make me sad :p :lol:

Guest TerryBarry
Hi all

i have bought some of this ebayer and to be honest i have no probs paying for them, i placed my bid won the 3 items and he posted them nice condition they was and a great read,

He's sold three catalogues and one of those Renault radios they were giving away at Donny.

All at 50p each +P&P - Not sure I could be bothered for two quid :wacko:

its just recycling, did think about selling the radio from Donni, think i will keep it a few years and then sell it.

:lol: :lol:

Its not a rip off anyway, you can only pay what you think is the right price, ive seen things recently that have made double what people have paid for them brand new (hey Stuart), if thats what they think there worth and cant be arsed (not seen that for a while ;) )to go looking at suppliers sites then thats there fault.

Mitch ;)

Guest manglemender

My Son tried an interesting experiment a couple of years back. He'd concluded that you could sell "anything" on ebay so he tried to sell Salt, Vinager and Ketchup sachets from a well known burger chain. Not surprisingly, no-one bought them because they could go and get their own supply i.e. there was no market.

If there were no new supplies, maybe people would have been prepared to pay.

Nick