Smokey Zetec

Guest mcramsay

Guest mcramsay

I managed to get the zetec fire up today for the first time in 6 months. After a full car and ecu loom rewire, after tracing a small issue with only half the coil pack firing I found I had wired ignition driver 2 to the wrong pin on the ecu! I miss counted and wired it to pin 6 rather than pin 5 on the ecu plug, that corrected the engine fired up, I run it up to temeperature and its

Guest mcramsay

Whoops! Continuing, it was running pretty smokey, after checking and slightly adjusting the throttle body balance it was kicking out quite a bit of black smoke on revving, I only blipped it a few times as I didn't want up annoy the neighbours! Would this be normal after the engine has been sitting so long? I'm hoping a few hard blips should sort it all out

Fuel pressure up or blocked return. If it had a good map before lay-up then once you have loaded the correct map and checked all the calibrations, TPS, air and water temp, baro, fuel pressure then the engine just needs a good run to blow out the cobwebs/clear gummed rings/etc. (Check oil and water too.)

Nigel

Guest mcramsay

Of course as normal it's me being daft and jumping the gun. You think after a full ecu rewire I would remember to plug in the air temp sender and calibrate the tps!