Rear Spoiler

Guest preeday

Guest preeday

Has anyone ever seen a 2b with a rear spoiler? Is it something considered or is it frowned upon? Is there any pics out there good or bad? It's something I have in my head but need convincing or putting off!!

frowned up on not a chance, P155 taken by mates every possibility for a very short time. If you want the p155 taken over a longer period you need to something daft like loose a wheel :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

image_zps626cc071.jpg

image_zps4bbe8d59.jpg

I bought the 'boot' spoiler off eBay and it came with its own supports (no good for the robin hood) and 4 little mounting brackets which could be re-used.

To get an idea of mounting height etc.... I made the supports out of some thin plywood which was strong enough to allow me to assemble it. After a couple of wooden templates, I finally got it to the correct height / angle that I wanted and so I cut the supports out of some 5mm thick ali sheet (cut with jigsaw surprisingly easy).

The inside boot area has been strengthen to spread the load of the spoiler.

The spoiler is more for looks than downforce as it would need to be mounted higher to give any significant downforce.

Guest david_l_perry

I spotted a Westfield on the way down to stoneleigh with a ludicrously large rear spoiler. Spotted it again in the "cars for sale" area....

It was MASSIVE....shame I didn't get a photo

Guest whiz

I spotted a Westfield on the way down to stoneleigh with a ludicrously large rear spoiler. Spotted it again in the "cars for sale" area....

It was MASSIVE....shame I didn't get a photo

That wasn't a Westfield it was a Zero I was slagging it off and the guy was standing behind me. Not everybody's cup of tea

• 8 months later...

I'm keen to fit a front and rear wing for down force but i do think it will spoil the looks of the zero however it is only a tatty track car so maybe...... just not sure.....