North East Sunday Run

Guest red7

The North East Hoodz were out for a Sunday run today. We met at Washington services then drove up out to Consett to see how Andy is getting on with his 2B new build.

We spent the usual half hour trying to find his house (I'll let Chris explain why his state of the art GPS took him to a destination 2 miles away).

Andy is probably wondering what he has let himself in for! Sunday morning and four noisy cars arrive, block the street, the Hoodz pile out, trip over the engine lying outside the front door, check out the donour on the drive, drink his coffee, point out the mistakes he has made building his 2B, strap him into a passenger seat then roar off into the Pennines in the rain.

We ended up in a Stanhope pub in Weardale. Quite a sight seeing five Hoodz parked by a Porsche Boxter. Guess which cars got the close-up inspection.

The CB's worked okay on their first run out. They saved all that jumping in and out and shouting at each other anyway. We need to spend some time tunning the aerials tho.

The plan to do those Winter jobs is on hold due to club members wanting to get out for Sunday runs!

Fingers crossed for more mild weather.

Friday is our Christmas party, should be fun.

Happy driving,

Steve

post-11-1101661552.jpg

Yes. Is this a first?

The lads give me a ring on Sunday morning at 10.00 A.M. We meet at one of our pre-arranged spots and then it's off to the hills.

We are currently drawing up a list of trips for next year, club nights have given me a few ideas and these will be listed on the club website. We hope to have more runs with the NW lads in the new year.

Steve

Guest docter fox

the north yorkshire moors are great, we went a while ago around the heartbeat country and so on

distance probably wouldnt be a problem when we get it back together, more so time i think, what time do you normally meet up?

multimap.com says it takes just over 2 hours to get to witton gilbert (petrol station) so if we only found out at 10 it would be gone 12 before we got there.

would it be possible to plan a trip on the saturday night ready for the sunday (next year) so we could get up early enough to get there earlier

James

point to note.....

french GPS systems are not the best at finding consett postcodes!!!!

It was only when I arrived that Andy told me about the problems he has been having with mail not arriving!!!!

could this be an issue with the pristigious royal mail ???

who knows

Guest chris brown
as my car isnt quite ready yet
James nether are you I suppose the driving test is booked for the 23rd December. Just had a look at your site the car is looking good but you are not supposed to sleep in the footwell, beds are made for that. :p :p

Guest docter fox
James nether are you I suppose the driving test is booked for the 23rd December.

well i wanted to! just for a laugh mainly but I got disaproving looks all round when i shared my idea :p

even if i cant drive it to the meets hopefully dad will :rolleyes:

the car is looking good but you are not supposed to sleep in the footwell

I havn't slept in it yet but if work doesnt speed up dramitically it may come have to come to that. :ph34r: