Brake Master Cylinder

Guest gazza1591

Guest gazza1591

After a master cylinder for my robinhood s7 it currently has a single port one on it a universal type one, after one that has 3 out let's in it one for rear and 2 for the front any recommendations please?

Hi,

I've recently had to acquire one of these brake masters myself and they are hard to come by. Eventually got one from Kit Spares (kitspares.co.uk) which is owned (I think) by Great British Sports cars. I'm sure they bought out Robin Hood in 2006. You can get left hand drive master cylinders from Euro Parts but they cost an absolute fortune! Go to kit spares and you'll pay £87 for a brand new one.

Kevin

Which bit, the lines or the rod from the pedal :) ? Pedal takes a clevis-pin-style arrangement on the top, you just have that "free-floating" into the master cylinder, it just pushes it in. Only thing to make sure is that it can't jam or fall out if you accidentally move the brake pedal upwards... so just adjust the length of the rod on the clevis by cutting it.

It's just a bolt. I think from memory I used a shanked bolt, so it wasn't threaded at the end that goes into the master cylinder. I chopped the hex head of it, then just filed/rounded the edges so that the operation was smooth and nothing caught. Probably wise to lock-nut it into the clevis, or thread lock it, just to be safe. Once it's in and held under the weight of the pedal it's fine, only if you lift the pedal can you feel it "clatter around"... but that's a bad phrase really, it settles back into position find when the pedal is let go. As you can see in the pics, some sort of pedal stop to prevent it coming too far out of the master cylinder is essential... then you can guarantee that it always settles back into position ok. If you allow it to come too far out, the end of the bolt can rest of the side of the master cylinder (or possibly come all the way out, depending on your setup)...