Need A New Nose Cone.

Longboarder

Guest 2b cruising

Unfortunately I think Andi is right.

I know it is nowhere near as common as used to be but it's still prevalent and dangerouse.

I think I would have claimed through my Insurence and had him suffer next renewal.

Guest chris brown

Great fix Nigel a skim over with a bit of filler and quick rattle can job and no one will notice it. I'm with Richard on insurance I had a no blame claim but had to declare it for 5 years.

I would go with a repair to, reinforce the back of the damage with some fibre glass matting, remove the rivets grind out the splits into
a V then fill using something like Upol SMC carbon fibre filler (which wont shrink back over time like good old P40)

then skim over with a fine stopper then prime and paint as normal

The wifes car was hit outside the house while we were watching tv. The other cars insurance paid up.

The wifes insurance went up because they said "statistically, if you have had a bump, then you are much more likely to have another within 6 months"

Gotta love the cheek of these crooked gangsters, who we all just have to put up with. :bad:

Edited by Andi

My daughter had her corsa written off a couple of years back along with four other cars damaged which were all properly parked in the street and all owners were indoors/in bed. The drunk driver who was speeding did it all by himself. Her premiums were loaded. Quite how genuine statistics would show she was as a result more likely to make a claim in the next six months I don't know.

Nigel

Guest 2b cruising

I'm quite sure it's just another way they have come up with to make more money from us.

I've been policy protected all my life.

Premiums have always stayed around the same point until recently.

My policy is now rising no matter hew long I've been without a claim.

I've found the co-op have given me favourable rates in my tin top for the last couple of years.

I might try them for my kit next time it is due.

I wonder if I could insure my policy to be inflation and no fault penalty proof.

Edited by 2b cruising

And here is another little gem. The wife has to pay a £40 quid more because she was not born in the UK.

serf efrika. But came to the UK when she was 7 .

Oh how we laugh about it NOT

Sorry to hijack the thread Nigel, but insurance always gets me going.

Andi

Edited by Andi