Scare At The Gym

Longboarder

Went in for an personal MOT at the Gym today. Need to get fit again as I have been a full time carer and the only exercise I have done in the last 4 years is a run round the shelves in Tesco.

So I get told I'm fat, unfit, high BMI, and high blood pressure 212/93. Wont let me in on the machines or the pool till I've seen my GP.

So I hot foot it to the GP and get in on a cancellation at 4oclock. He measures it at 142/76.(Twice) Phew.

Unfortunately I'm still fat, unfit and high BMI. However nothing is likely to pop next time I clean and jerk my nicorette inhaler!

Nigel

• Like 1

Hi Nigel,

I know how you feel, too much time at work in stressful job, unhealthy, eating too much in hotels and always eating junk food at motorway services. Heart attack at 42, all OK now, hearts fine something else caused it, minor op, off work for 12 weeks and lost 3 stones in 8 months.

There is only one way each less exercise more. Take it easy.

Guest mower man

Been through this, heart attack ,Found to be type 2 diabetic , all the bit , off food, change in meds now on Vit b12 and lower beta blockers , got my appetite back but put4/5 kilos on! :aggressive: mick

What's the app called Peter? I would like to try that at work, I know roughly how far I walk but not how many steps I take. My wife wanted to go on a diet so I said that I would support her by eating healthily too. No more processed food , plenty of veg everything prepared at home. Lost 3kg easily even though I didn't consider myself overweight and felt loads better for it. Feet hurt less after work and I can only put it down to not carrying excess weight. Kept it off too.

• Like 1