Big Day Tomorrow

Guest Ascari

Guest Ascari

Hey all,

Well as ive said above, big day tomorrow. Finally finished building and installing my pinto and she is ready to fire up for the first time.

Engine spec-

Re-bored to 2.1L with over-sized pistons and rings

All new bearings and seals and gaskets,

New oil pump,

New water pump,

Head skimmed, Ported and polished,

Group 1 stainless valves,

Kent FR32 Cam,

Turbosport alloy adjustable vernier,

Twin 40 Webers,

Ford EDIS4 electronic ignition with Megajolt

Custom modular loom with Acewell Digital Dash,

Lightened flywheel

New altenator,

The obvious full respray.

seems to be a lot to go wrong but lets see what happens, I`ll let you all know how i get on. Fingers crossed!! lol

C Ya!

Dont forget to post a video.

Should be pokey motor that.

Andi

Hey all,

Well as ive said above, big day tomorrow. Finally finished building and installing my pinto and she is ready to fire up for the first time.

Engine spec-

Re-bored to 2.1L with over-sized pistons and rings

All new bearings and seals and gaskets,

New oil pump,

New water pump,

Head skimmed, Ported and polished,

Group 1 stainless valves,

Kent FR32 Cam,

Turbosport alloy adjustable vernier,

Twin 40 Webers,

Ford EDIS4 electronic ignition with Megajolt

Custom modular loom with Acewell Digital Dash,

Lightened flywheel

New altenator,

The obvious full respray.

seems to be a lot to go wrong but lets see what happens, I`ll let you all know how i get on. Fingers crossed!! lol

C Ya!

Guest Ascari

Hey all,

SHES ALIVE!!!!

Ok so as always not everything has gone quite to plan! Brand new water pump emptied all my coolant out every where and then the new fan belt ordered for the engine was wrong!! but not deterred a set of tights was wrapped and tied around the pulleys so as to keep things turning (show some willing at least!!) connected up the fuel, installed a remote oil pressure gauge and connected the battery. Pulled off the plug leads and began to spin her over. Oil Pressure began to rise, sparks are present and correct, fuel has begun to fill the webers!! lets plug in the leads and see how we go. A few coughs and suddenly like Frankensteins Monster, Life!!! growling like an engine poised for fun. How dissapointed she must have been to find she is sat in a vehicle that barely comprises of anything and a long way from being pushed to find her limits!! Even so, the noises she made has deffinately instilled the motivation to continue on. Lets face it, The old girl has been given a new lease of life, and having fired up so quickly I now feel that i owe it to her to let her loose on the beautiful roads of north Wales and beyond!

I have taken a short video of tonights events and if I can work out how to do it i`ll post it online,

Until next time!

Anthony