Radiator For 2B

Guest Ascari

Hello all,

Hope you are all well,

Well after a six month break from building I`ve decided that its time to crack on again!! The last time that I was building was the first time that I had started the engine following a major rebuild. Unfortunately after a few mins I decided that I could not resist hearing my new twin forties open up and so gave her a little rev! To my horror the viscous fan flexed and buried itself into the bottom of my nice new radiator spraying its fluids out all over the floor!!! (bucket shoved under in disgust and shed doors shut!! bit of a tantrum I have to admit but probably not the first to have done so!! lol :-(

So I am looking for a new radiator, preferably the same as the one supplied in the kit for the sliding pillar wide arch 2B as I have already made it fit.

Beer tokens await for anyone that may have one for sale or if you know where I may find one It would be much appreciated!!

Oh, and it goes without saying that if it has or you know where I can find an electric fan so as to dispose of the viscous piece of s**t that too would be much appreciated.

Many thanks in advance peeps!

Hi, im in North Wales, i would be more than happy to arrange a courier if its convenient for you. is the rad in goog condition? how much you want for it? many thanks, Anthony

suggest you look t the price/size of a cortina rad, before that

its been hanging off my workshop wall for the last 4 years, and was in the car for a few more before that

not sure i would want to post one and say it would survive ?

dave

Guest snotfart

slightly ropey but functional rad and electric fan tried and tested on a 2.1 pinto,free in ruthin if you collect,much as dave r above, really not worth posting.also have an as new seat type ally tubular which fits on the slant but was no good for the v8 might be ok with a four cylinder yours for £15.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I believe the one Shandy legs is showing is the Coolman radiator with twin core. I fitted one to replace the dodgy cortina/ transit one fitted originally to mine. Gives much better cooling and is pretty much the same size so should drop in easily.

HTH

Yes, I think it is a coolman radiator. Ascari wanted to keep the radiator outlets in the same configuration as the cortina rad so it's currently still sat here in the box it was supplied in.

I'm currently waiting the hear back from someone who initially expressed an interest, but if anyone wants to express an interest let me know. £40-00 sound about right?

Thanks...