Robin Hood 2B, Vauxhall Z20Let Turbo Engine - £5250.00

steve in stockport

20160825_143648.jpg

20160825_143746.jpg

20160825_143904.jpg

20160825_144045.jpg

20160825_143936.jpg

Built by me over two years between 2003 and 2005 from Sierra Ghia donor, SVA passed and first registered September 2005.

Correctly registered on V5 as Robin Hood.

Vauxhall Z20LET 2.0 litre 16 valve turbocharged engine, mapped by Bailey Performance, running a sensible and safe 12lbs of boost and producing 278bhp and 295 lb/ft torque.

Z20LEH/VXR turbo and bosch blue fuel injectors.

Management by Emerald K6 ECU.

Innovate MTX – L wideband lambda sensor and gauge.

3 core alloy radiator and revotec 10” fan, large alloy intercooler, oil cooler.

High and low pressure fuel pumps and alloy swirl pot.

3” stainless exhaust with 700mm x 150mm repackable silencer.

ETB 80mm speedo and tacho, 52mm fuel, temperature and volts gauges, black bezels with white faces and red needles, TIM boost gauge, black bezel and white face.

Black Cobra Roadster 7 seats with red piping.

5 speed type 9 gearbox.

3.62 diff, motorway cruising speed is just over 3000rpm, also have 3.9 diff if needed for quicker acceleration.

Gaz coilover shock absorbers all round.

Sierra disc and drum, non-servo brakes, Mintex 1144 front pads, Westfield tandem master cylinder.

Full set of unmarked Robin Hood alloy wheels, 195/50/15 Hankook Ventus V12 Evo tyres.

Half hood which converts to a full roof by the addition of a zip in panel and sidescreens/doors.

Mild steel chassis with stainless steel body panels, red GRP and black carbon fibre effect wrapped scoop on the nose cone all in good order, front wishbones, roll bar and rear suspension might benefit from a coat of paint if you’re so inclined.

12.5 months MOT until September 13th 2017

I built this car over a two year period around a Sierra donor and a pinto power unit, after three years on the road this was swapped for a Vauxhall 20XE red top engine. Three years ago in 2013 I changed the power unit again to the Z20LET turbo engine from Vauxhall. This was changed again for another engine after a tuner managed to melt a piston on a rolling road session. The new engine had covered less than 5000 miles in a Zafira GSi prior to a fire destroying the interior of the car and has been in the 2B since early 2014. During the course of this engine swap the car the wiring was also updated with a new fuse box and relay box and a new engine bay loom created to run the engine and fuel system, as well as chopping the alligator bonnet to provide a fixed scuttle and hinged bonnet.

Over the eleven years it has been on the road the car has covered over 43,500 miles and taken me on at least one excursion to the continent each year without any major issues – the wiper motor did fall into the wife’s lap one rainy day in France, but that’s about it.

Advertising for sale as I’m not using the car as much as I used to do, only covered 2,500 miles since last MOT and also the Mrs won’t go out in it any more as it scares her since the latest engine change making weekend trips out together a thing of the past.

So if you’re looking for a fast, scary, reliable, well-built kit car, one of only a handful to feature the Z20LET engine, that will return 30 mpg around town and 35 mpg cruising, one you can just drive, enjoy and add a bit of bling to if you wish, then this could be the car for you.

Price £5250.00 but will consider sensible offers

Tel 07944 615999 or message me, will be advertising elsewhere over the weekend, thanks

Guest 2b cruising

Well done Steve. Hope you got full price for it.

Hope you can find something suitable, maybe a nice classic. C, D or,E type would be nice. Maybe even a super at SS just for a change. LoL.

Edit. PS who made your top and would they still have the template do you think.

Edited by 2b cruising

Cheers guys and thanks for the comments.

Car was sold through the magic of facebook for £5.5k which I'm more than happy with. I reckon I've put about £9k into the car over the years, so that gives me 11 years of driving 'pleasure', good times, great experiences, great memories and great friends for £3.5k or in real terms less than a pound a day.

Ken, the top was my own creation, if you're interested I can make templates of the panels before it goes then you can try and get one made up.

I've got to get a couple of flags back to Phil for the EOSB and it's so tempting to give it one final run out, but we all know what would probably happen so she'll stay tucked up in the garage until she goes on the trailer.

Congrats on the car Sale Steve. I know the feeling of letting go of something you put your heart and soul into....Facebook is what sold mine in 24hrs as well :db:

But just because you got rid of the car dont mean you can get rid of us so easy :crazy:... Once a hoodie.

Go get a Cobra mate...that will please the missus :acute:

Edited by tazzzzman1

I was lucky Pete, the buyer is on my friends list.

Is your Facebook profile private or public? If you make your whole profile public then anybody can see your posts, other than that you're relying on people sharing it for you.

Mine was advertised on cars and classics too, plenty of hits but no interest but it is free so worth a punt