Diy Quickshift Mod (type 9 Box)

baj25

Could someone please post details of how to make your own quickshift for a type 9 box? I know it involves old kitchen chopping boards and I have seen posts on this subject before but now I’ve had a search I can’t find them. There are links to Dave Andrews’ site but that site has been down for quite a while now. TIA, Brian

Hi

it depends what you are trying to do. Have you shortened it already? by simply shortening it you are making the change faster as you are changing the leverage. It gets stiffer but quicker. If you want to keep it the original length then you will have to change the pivot point to make the below section longer which more knowledgeable people will beable to help you on. hth

Thanks for replies Gents. Job done! (Mrs BAJ on a course so plenty of garage time) Need the big thaw now before I can properly try it out :( . Only thing I did differently was to fit a sealing rubber strip between the raised plate and the gearbox opening. Ta again, Brian

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Mike-16
Could someone please post details of how to make your own quickshift for a type 9 box? I know it involves old kitchen chopping boards and I have seen posts on this subject before but now I’ve had a search I can’t find them. There are links to Dave Andrews’ site but that site has been down for quite a while now. TIA, Brian

Hi having had problems sticking it in reverse instead of first and a lot of play that shouldn't be there i took out the shift looked at it and bought one straight away from rally designe £11.00 it works a treat and comes with all the bits you need.

Mike

Guest Jonathan Tall
There are links to Dave Andrews’ site but that site has been down for quite a while now. TIA, Brian

Is Dave Andrews Site down permanently or has he moved to another address (AOL community seems to be permanently shut)??

Does anybody have that address??

Cheers

Jonathan

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Jonathan Tall
Its here DAVE ANDREWS

Just google "DAVE ANDREWS"....

hmmmm,

Its all K series stuff,

I was hoping to find all his old articles on Robin Hoods..

PS if you forget to type in "uk" you get Dave Andrews the christi-anarchist!!

Ok folks,

the links don't seem to work or put you to a different page than the one originally talked about.

Anyways, found that I had downloaded it a long time ago, so here it is in all it's form!!!

By the way, did this myself to the type 9 box and created a CAD drawing to create a proper spacer.

I had two made up in ally one for a mate, both work great.

If anyone wants the CAD drawing I shall try and dig it up

Also just found the real new page:

http://dvandrews.co.uk/

quick.zip

put shaft in vice upside down and hit the plastic part up so you can see the splines on the shaft not much needed only about 10mm thats all but watch the washer at the top of the rubber as if you hit it to hard you will push the rubber over the washer so i found it easyer to jublie clip top rubber around the washer just so it doesn't happen then you need to make a spacer thats the same shape as the top of the gearbox and then just screw it all on useing the same holes does work i have one on the car cut down and its great bit tight until it works in a bit but feels nice anyway have seen spacer on ebay with a proper quickshift but you can make them or have a friend that can if you need anymore help give us a shout