Another Steering Wheel Snapped

speedtripledan

another steering wheel snapped, d shape suede 285mm i am so annoyed i felt it change under braking last night just checked it today and its snapped on the right spoke under the suede!!!! how manys that now? these should be recalled before someone gets bleeping killed. gbs tomorrow for me then.

Guest MarkB

another steering wheel snapped, d shape suede 285mm i am so annoyed i felt it change under braking last night just checked it today and its snapped on the right spoke under the suede!!!! how manys that now? these should be recalled before someone gets bleeping killed. gbs tomorrow for me then.

Bugger, whilst your at gbs, do you fancy picking up a new bonnet vent for me please Dan......... believe it or not they are cheaper than most uk suppliers.... are you sure it wasnt the extra weight of the chip shop supper :crazy: :crazy:

Guest Kennedy48

I was driving my car at the weekend actually looking at my rmd steering wheel after hearing the posts the other week. I might change it before mine goes pop

You pays your money and you takes your choice.

doesnt matter how much you pay imo...something like a steering wheel has to be made to bs standards

and these obviously not up to it. glad your ok dan..could have been much worse.

Guest mower man

It would be skipit time if I had one of these !!and serious words with the manufacturer/seller ,they are obvisously not safe and all stocks should be with drawn immeadatly .thank fully nobody has been hurt but how long before someone is? mowerman

Guest AndyJW

Has anybody actually spoke to GBS about this?? I have one on mine and it will probably be next year before the car is registered. Dont want to have to go back to them over a year after I purchased it and they say tough!!

So if anyone has actually raised this issue with the factory please let us know the outcome.

Dan, i'd be interested to see what grade of steel it is made of. If you can get it to me at some point, i can take a look using the super testing gun device thingy.

spoke to gbs today and all they said was yes we have had a few back, and implied they may have been from a dodgy batch. they are changing mine tomorrow at which point i will use it sunday for blyton then its on ebay. i.m going to get a decent one. the thought of crashing with that in my hands is scary to be honest....

If you can get a list together of everyone that has had one break you could then send it to trading standards and have them investigated. This is potentially lethal situation, lucky no one has been hurt so far. Get some pictures if you can.

They need to be recalled! same as any other product that isn't fit for purpose.

Guest old_timbo

I presume they are a cheap import. Really ought to be reported to trading standards, especially if GBS is not the only outlet, so they can all be recalled before someone gets hurt.