Front Suspension Of Robin Hood 2B

Guest Viper

Hasn't the Sierra strut shaft got an odd ball thread at one end - something like M11 fine which makes getting nuts for it virtually impossible? That's why some people cut the thread off one end and get the shaft drilled and tapped to take a bolt.

Well, that was a learning curve!!! finally got the strut off. Problem is the lower 3 " is slightly bent and does not slide up the housing!! Is this housing unique to the RH 2B or can you buy the housing to locate the centre spindle from the Sierra, obviously will need a new centre, but the housing has wear on the hole where it is bolted. Slides up and down beautifully on the rest of the shaft. Thanks for or the advice and especially on the spring clamp :clapping: Now, where is the best place to source this centre spindle?????? and housing, :help: PLEASE. Really sorry for being a pain in the bum, still a virgin at this!!

No matter what I try I cannot get photos to go on the site, so I have changed my profile picture to show the assembly.

Edited by Viper

Guest Ian & Carole

Open a http://s44.photobucket.com/ account and upload your pics to there then you can copy and paste them to here using the "img" icon on your photos.

Sadly the assembly with the bushes in side are unique to the sliding pillar set up.

The chrome shaft is from the inners af a Sierra front strut.

If you pay your £15.00 and become a full member you can place a "wanted" add on here , some one might have some lying around you might be lucky.

Hi Viper

To insert a photo you need to shrink its size to 500k or less or use photo bucket and insert a link.

The inner shaft and outer sleeve are from a Ford Sierra McPherson suspension strut. Best bet is get one from local car parts place or join the club and get a cracking discount with eurocar parts. Shouldn't be too expensive...

• 1 month later...

Thanks everybody who helped with this, much appreciated it. Finally have got her on the road, the new suspension is great complete with the new harder springs and boy were those springs hard to compress!!!! :)