Locost Kit Car

Guest mark little

Guest mark little

I've been offered a locost kit car as part exchange for my racing buggy. It's been used in the 750 racing series. Are they any good and what is it worth. It had a number plate when the guy bought it, Q692 VOH , is it possible to check with dvla to see what car this is registered to.

Cheers Mark

Photo to follow

• 4 years later...
Guest dalefaulkner

I built this car with my dad in his garage, then raced it a little in the 750mc as Locost 95 & 94. I converted it to run twin webber 40s with two seats with the intention of doing track days, but the birth of my twin boys 4 years ago meant that my beloved car had to go. I would love to know what happened to it. Who knows maybe one day I will get her back. I had a tear in my eye the day I sold her. I know all of the history if the owner is interested. The registration number was supplied by the DVLA but I never completed the process and SVA as I had decided to race it. I lived in London so there was no point in having another road car. She stands out because it has stainless steel wishbones and trailing arms as well as stainless side panels. I was not allowed to keep the original MK2 Ghia registration with 1.6 Xflow, despite doing all that was required. I fitted a1300 blue printed x/flow, I think from Phil Endean motorsport, Derby. It was great fun, but a lot of blood sweat and tears and thousands of hours and money I could barely afford.

Let me know if you know where it is.