Stamford Round Table

Guest 2b cruising

Guest 2b cruising

Hi all.

Looking at the site map for the Stamford Round Table Classic Car Show, I notice the club has a pitch with 12 cars on it,

I know I am one of them, but have no idea who else is going.

I cannot remember seeing any club mention of it and it is not in the current events section.

Anyone interested it is on Sunday August 30th.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Ken for the headsup we have been allocated a Stand, it's the first I had heard of it.

There seems to be a bit of confusion here, probably my fault. At http://www.rhocar.org/index.php?showtopic=42632&hl= I asked for names of people who were attending the Stamford Car Show. So far only 4 people have replied. (I accept the subject title was Lincolnshire meetings and did not refer to Stamford) And at the post Ian referred to there were at least 10 people who had registered.

It appears that actually 12 of us have registered to go and the organisers have therefore allocated us an actual Club Stand (unless someone else has been in contact with them to organise it?).

So can we have confirmation of attendance here please. I do NOT want to turn up and find we have only 5 cars on the stand, that would be VERY embarrassing,

So far I know of :

Me

Nigel (niDuncan)

Richard (richard7)

Pete Lee

Ken (2bcruisng)

the others who registered were:

Chris Brown

Derek (Derek)

Paul (the spanner man)

Peter (peter2b2002)

Paul Jordan (Later: Rejected due to meet being oversubscribed)

Dave (Hawknorth) (Later: Rejected due to meet being oversubscribed)

Ian (Ian & Carole) (Later: Passed on to Chris (tractor))

If someone registered but is not going could they send Chris (tractor) their registration code so he can use their ticket ? (Later - Thanks Ian)

Cheers

Al

Edited by alanrichey

Guest Richard7

Hi,

Yes I will be there. Been going for the last three years, and its an amazing show.

tractor - you need to be booked in for this event, with paperwork printed out, and they were full up by the end of June.

2b cruising - the show is great in that it is a random mix, they seperate modern classics from sport etc. I have not seen segragated areas for every different car club before. Just looked at there website and cannot see the area you refer to. Can you provide a link please? As per the RHOCAR "Events" topic, we are in the MC section.

Look forward to seeing you all there.

Hi,

Just looked at there website and cannot see the area you refer to. Can you provide a link please? As per the RHOCAR "Events" topic, we are in the MC section.

Look forward to seeing you all there.

Image1_zpstnxaicc8.jpg

This saves us the problem of meeting up before as we are now automatically grouped up.

Edited by alanrichey

Guest 2b cruising

Anyone going from the south of there. If you are interested we could meet up on route and get there together.

I will be setting off around 6 on the Sunday morning from Kent.

Direct route through the Dartford tunnel then onto M11/A1. Unless someone fancies a country road route.

Mark it up on this topic instead of pinging me, then we can get organised.

To late for anyone wanting to get on the stand, but you could still all come as general public and enjoy the get together. It's free entry to the public.

Are you not coming at all now Ian, even in your new car.

Very kind of you to give your place to Chris.

Edited by 2b cruising

Guest petelee

I'll be there, with or without the 2B! I'm having terrible trouble with the fuel system - still!! After about 3 or 4 miles, it starts cutting out and kanagrooing down the road - getting fed up with it now. Does anybody fancy having a look at it for me?

Pete

I'll drop over when I get back to the UK. Not sure I can help much though, but I can drink your coffee and commiserate :) I assume you have cleaned the filter and checked the pump and the jets and all the usual stuff ?

And are you sure it's the fuel ? Could be the ignition (coil?) breaking down when the engine warms up,

Edited by alanrichey

I did apply and register weeks ago but got an e-mail to say my application was unsuccessful. so @#?/.@ them.

Thanks Dave, Paul said the same. I have contacted the organisers to see who they 'think' the 12 cars belong to.

Cheers

Al