Wanted Sierra Front Hubs

maccavvy

Guest Ian & Carole

Rich says buy some others to be safe...

Will 4x4 ones fit ????

No unless you want all the faff of cutting down a set of front drive shafts as I believe the shaft holds the wheel bearing in place.

Edited by Ian & Carole

So it won't be tapered then if it uses a pinch bolt they are straight iirc with a groove for the pinch bolt..So even if shaft doesn't hold it in its no good.

@Ian..what you mean.

Guest Ian & Carole

The 4X4 has front drive shafts that not only drive the front wheels but hold the front wheel bearing together.

To get them to work you will need to have a set of front drive shafts machined to hold the bearing in place.

They rely on the front hub nut on the drive shaft to keep them in place.

..........or did you mean the rose joint option ?

Use two of these instead of bottom ball joints

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12mm-Female-Rod-End-Bearing-Left-Hand-Thread-M12X1-75-12mm-Rose-Joint-L-Hand-/191553441443?hash=item2c99798ea3

Edited by Ian & Carole

The problem with hubs is that someone has drilled the taper hole far too deep and as a result the hub sits too low on the tapered peg and caused the hub to clash with the ball-joint socket during the suspension travel.

179EEF9A-06DC-4DA3-8A40-ABFB06FFC8B3_zps

As a temporary fix to allow me to finish the suspension, I've drilled out a thick washer and placed it on the tapered peg to prevent the hub from dropping too far down.......THIS IS NOT GOING TO BE USED ON THE ROADS....hence the wanted post for replacement hubs.

FAD0C17A-98D0-414D-8906-D863A3CC3707_zps

2B26D227-E937-4F13-AE41-CF505C0942BF_zps

I could drill out the hubs and press-fit a tapered bush....but this comes with its own set of problems and the better solution would be to do it properly with a replacement set of hubs.