Nosecone/wheel Centre Badges

Guest Pete Jordan

Guest Pete Jordan

I saw a thread a few months ago (cannot find it now so not sure when or whom) which discussed nosecone/wheel centre badges. The general feeling was that the RHSC ones are only cheap plastic badges and the “archer” logo isn’t very good. There are only a few, rather expensive, alternatives (try a “seven” badge from Europa Spares at £15 each) though and some also feel we should be proud of our Hoods and the badges should therefore identify them as such.

I agree with most of the sentiments aired and have done something about it. I have found a company that will produce 50mm diameter, hard enamel and self-adhesive badges to my own design for only about £3 each! The catch is that the minimum order is 100 badges; however that should not be a problem, because hopefully lots of you will want them and most will probably want five badges (nosecone and four wheels) and maybe more (steering wheel and spare?). The way I see it there are two ways this can work: either, the RHOCAR could add badges to its line of “club wear” and sell them to us all (opinions club officials please) or, you can answer this thread and tell me if you would want some and if so how many. When I have enough buyers I will put in an order.

I have produced a few designs/colour combinations on my computer, which you can see by clicking on the link below (JPEG too big to attach! Print on shiny paper for full effect) so if you are interested tell me which design number is your favourite (mine’s number 3 followed by number 1, not that I want to influence your choice!) and how many you might like. If anyone has any other ideas for a design or colour scheme then I am of course open to suggestions (but not that Archer!)

http://hometown.aol.co.uk/peterjrdn/BadgeProofs.jpg

Let me know what you think,

Pete Jordan

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TerryBarry

I don't want to appear to be awkward but mine is a 2B not a S7.

If the badge had 2B in the centre I'd probably be interested in 5 or 6.

Are there any origination costs for these badges ??

Terry

Guest mkeats02

Terry

I don't want to appear to be awkward but mine is a 2B not a S7.

Think the idea behind the 7 is not model ie s7, but super 7 replica (the thing that inspired all of our cars!).

I like number 2!

Would be interested in 2 badges if they get made.

Mike

Guest Roger 2B

I think you missed the point of the 7. I think it is intended to indicate the inspiration for the car, i.e., the Lotus 7.

I agree about some silver colour, to coordinate with the stainless steel.

Guest Pete Jordan

To those who have answered my threads so far:

Terry, your car is a Seven, it's just the 2B version of it rather than the Series 1, Series 2, Exmo etc. If you want a badge with 2B on it then I am afraid you will have to find takers for 100 badges and do a separate batch. The company is prepared to do different colour schemes within an order ie you could have a different colour combination for the nosecone badge and the wheel centre badges but the design must be identical because of the die setting costs.

To those who want silver in the badge, anywhere that is light grey on my proofs will be silver (that's why No3 is so good! Could put RHOCAR on No3 if that's what you like about No2). More comments welcomed

Pete