Late Call For Lunch Tomorrow (Saturday 26Th)

alanrichey

For various reasons AndyW & I haven't had our Superspecs out for a couple of weeks. The weather tomorrow (Sat 26th) looks good, so we are going to get them out and meet up half way between us at the Sondes Arms (LE16 8TG) in Rockingham (nr Corby). After a bite to eat we may go and have a look at the Rockingham Speedway track.

If anyone in the East Midlands area fancies joining us we will be there at 12:00.

The 2 of us had a great day out. Weather bracing, which cars loved, although neither of us managed to get the engines up to a decent temperature. Time to adjust the 'shutters' on the grid I think :)

After lunch we drove each others cars to Rockingham Speedway to do a comparison, Interesting experiment, our steering behaviour is different and the clutch responses are different. Other than that they were both fairly similar, but as it was only 3 miles I didn't really get a decent chance to compare the ride and handling (Andy has Gaz shocks and I have the original Zimmers).

Rockingham Speedway was not in operation but there was a 'Learn to Drift' school in operation with 4 cars doing doughnuts, driving sideways with opposite lock on. Looked great fun, I think I might have to try it :)

I'll try and give a bit more notice next time.

Yes a great day out Al. Always good to have an excuse to take the car for a run. A couple of "interesting" moments on the greasy roads to keep the adrenalin going! And sunshine for most of the day as well to ward off the chill.

Interesting exercise driving another Superspec as well. Just shows how different they become from a similar starting point. As Al pointed out, the steering response on my Superspec is great in a straight line but loads up considerably after about a quarter turn of the wheel, and there is not much self-centring coming out of a corner. I think my ride is much firmer on my Gaz shocks, although I rather liked the softer more compliant feel of Al's original Zimmers.

Bring on the next outing.