Cambelt Or Chain In A Fiesta?

Guest The Modfather

Guest The Modfather

Hi guys and happy new year!

Can any of the mechanics on here tell me if a 54 plate 1.25 fiesta has either a cam belt or chain please?

Just got the boy this car with 67,000 on the clock, but no sign of a cambelt change in the history. I'm thinking either it hasn't been done or doesn't need one. If it is a belt, can you tell me when it should be changed?

Many thanks

Daz

1.25 fiesta 2004 ought to have a sigma engine in it, so belt not chain. Ford get into all sorts of nonsense calling this engine Zetec SE, Sigma or Duratec 1.25. Ridiculous.

A cam belt with 60 thou on it is due for a change by anyones standards.

Nigel

Had a quick look round and it's 100,000miles or 10 years. So not urgent but personaly I still think do it now.

Guest Alan_builder

1.25 fiesta 2004 ought to have a sigma engine in it, so belt not chain. Ford get into all sorts of nonsense calling this engine Zetec SE, Sigma or Duratec 1.25. Ridiculous.

A cam belt with 60 thou on it is due for a change by anyones standards.

Nigel

Had a quick look round and it's 100,000miles or 10 years. So not urgent but personaly I still think do it now.

Hi Nigel & Daz,

I think Nigel is pretty much on the money.

I think you will find Ford has a spell at 100K, then 80k and finally 60K miles. They had a lot of claims and kept lowering the distance prior to change. I further think they then increased the distance back to 80K miles or more. I would change the belt as you won't know what distance that belt was supposed to do!

The Corsa has a chain.

Guest russell555

From previous ,and expensive experience.... If you start wondering if the belt needs replacing......just do it... It will be better piece of mind to know its been done

Guest The Modfather

Thanks guys.

I just bought a Haynes manual for it, and that states 50k change! We get the car tomorrow, and I will look to change it probably in the next few weeks, no doubt when there is snow on the ground!!!!

Cheers