Ignition Feed

Guest Takumi

Guest Takumi

hi all,,

got a bit of a problem with the megajolt/edis power supply..

its all running fine, but when we come to switch the ignition off, nothing switches off..

when we check the ign feed with the multi-meter, 12v when ign on, and nothing when off... why is it still drawing power when its turned off (from on)..

we've tried 2 feeds now, and its the same for both.. wierd... we tried using a relay, and that doesn't switch off..! bizzare

the megajolt only controls the advance really, check that the power to the coil goes off when you turn ignition off (middle wire on plug to coil) the edis will run the engine on its own without the megajolt. I took my feeds from the same same source so that when the ignition is off power goes from both.

hth

ste

Guest Takumi

I completely understand the megajolt/edis system, Im more stuck with the sierra colomn switches>VGloom

I have a relay that switches off the edis and megajolt, once its switched on, it won't switch off.. its like the ignition switch doesn't quite switch to zero, and so theres enough current still flowing to hold the relay open..

If the relay is switched by ignition live circuit you think there is residual current there when you switch off. Likely to be backfeed from alternator. Try disconnecting the small wires (to ignition lamp and switched live if there is one) from your alternator. Leave the big one to the battery pos connected. Now try running the car and switching off.

Nigel

Guest Takumi

I noticed when the ignition is switched off and the engine carries on - the battery light on the dash lights comes on.. worth investigating that me thinks..

Guest Takumi

we've taken the ign switch feed straight from the ign barrell switch, and still the feed is dribbling power once the switch is turned off...and holding the ignition relay switched.. (switched Mj, EDIS, and shift lights +ve)

we had no problems before (ESCII), extremely wierd..

now we going to have to have a kill switch on the dash to cut power to the ignition relay..

Edited by Takumi