Oil Catch Tank

Guest danny_samb

Guest danny_samb

Hi all I want to add an oil catch tank, I have a 2 litre pinto standard but just purchased twin webers, so how do you plumb in the catch tank and where is the best location, if anyone has pics of location will be very greatful.

Thanks

my pinto had one when i bought it with dollerto's

there was one pipe come up from block onto a t-piece meeting pipe from oil cap then going forward fitted just behind raidator

it had a breather putting all fumes into my face lol so piped a breather to front bottom of raidator and worked alot better

the catch tank was about a litre and never had a drop in it

hope that helps

regards stuart

Thats the breather valve which goes in a rubber seat in the middle roughly of the left side of the block. It's piped to the inlet manifold on a sierra and the valve part is activated by manifold vacuum lifting it, not by crankcase pressure pushing it open. Thus it maintains vacuum most of the time in the crankcase. If you leave the valve gubbins in the casing but pipe to a catch tank the crankcase pressure has to push it open and the pressure needed to do this often finds an easier way out. Rear crank seal, cam seal and dipstick tube seem weak points and may leak oil or it may blow out the filler cap.

The pictures added above should explain the mod. Simply grinding off the folded lip with the six edge holes and one biggie in the middle lets the valve gubbins drop out and leaves on open pipe which can be connected to a tank or even illegaly vented below the car. Not on for track days but I just stick the pipe in a fanta bottle or coke can when on track.

Nigel

I have added a before and after pic to my previous post.

Guest Mr_Frosty

Talk to this guy when I asked about this he was very helpful and even sent me some pictures of his current set up.

I must say by the looks of it he has done a very smart job.

mower man http://www.rhocar.org/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=search&fromMainBar=1

Maybe he'll see this post but there is something that I asked about somewhere on here.

Guest danny_samb

Thanks so much, and the other end goes to the oil filler cap, instead of going in the cap can I drill the cam cover and weld an outlet in then both to the catch tank

Thanks