Bonnet Catches

rthomas69

Guest Ian & Carole

I think you have answered your own question really there.

I retained the original Sierra set up + the rubber ones at the scuttle end of the bonnet to secure it.

Aero catches might fit the bill dependent on your set up.

Guest ali2992

I spent ages looking for a locking pair of catches that would work with the style of bonnet on a zero, and couldn't find one, I didn't like the rubber ones at first but to be honest now that they're fitted they look quite nice

as above. Aero catches also refered to as Dzus fasteners i believe if you want to search for them. eg https://www.merlinmotorsport.co.uk/s/bodywork-fasteners-and-catches/dzus-clips-fasteners

You could put 4 boot/door catches onto the inner chassis rail and have the loops on the bonnet so you just push it down to lock into place. You'd then need a lever to pull the catches open or if you were really fancy you could use electric ones like on my bmw boot and the bonnet would pop up and unlock when switched.

:)

as above. Aero catches also refered to as Dzus fasteners i believe if you want to search for them. eg https://www.merlinmo...clips-fasteners

You could put 4 boot/door catches onto the inner chassis rail and have the loops on the bonnet so you just push it down to lock into place. You'd then need a lever to pull the catches open or if you were really fancy you could use electric ones like on my bmw boot and the bonnet would pop up and unlock when switched.

:)

Hadn't considered dzus type fasteners....must get some out of the stores at work & give them a try!

Guest 2b cruising

As above.

Where can we get them from

We are not all in formula one

So it's you we all look upon

To get this little task done

From Robin Hood to Zero

We will consider you a hero

Of coarse you'll go down to zero

If you don't please us all just so.

Rap it to anything you like. It won't make it any better. LoL

They look great - will they be IVA compliant though?

Reading the iva manual I cant see anything other than the 100mm ball test & as these are flush it shouldn't be an issue.

Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong?