Will It Work Clutch Cable?!?

Guest Darren2010

Guest Darren2010

I've been struggling making the clutch cable fit, because of Ally sump and type 9 bell housing, so I've made some Angled spacers that hold the cable outer at an angle, which allows the inner to stay central.

Is the inner pulling on the clutch fork at an angle? If so would suggest an extension flat bar ( say 6mm flat ) to bring the cable outer mount down in line with the clutch fork & its line of travel.( IMO but maybe all spheroids )

Your solution with the angled spacers looks OK but not ideal

You could drill the sump lower down but this will loose a considerable amount of value from the resale of the sump

The 6mm drop bar looks like it will just move the clutch cable to a similar but now lower angle

I fitted the RS2000 bell housing without RS2000 sump with a plate over the second starter motor possition and have now fitted RS2000 Bellhousing and sump but never fitted the combination you have.

Guest Darren2010

Peter its a 2 litre pinto. I've personally done no grinding!!! It's as it was when I got it, but there is evidence in places of some tinkering.

I was just asking as its very different to my alloy sump which has a 'bit on the side' but the route is pretty straight, I think! I have a rubber boot fitted (with a great struggle) so it may be hiding something, I will have to investigate. But I think your solution should be fine.

Guest Darren2010

I've tried it out today, and the clutch seems to work ok, and the inner cable is staying central throughout its travel. (All be it only drove it on the ramp, up in the air) So fingers crossed it will be ok.