Leaking Fuel

Guest SYTURPS

Guest SYTURPS

Hello people. I'm brand new to this forum and to the world of kit cars. I have just purchased a Robin Hood S7 and I am having some trouble with petrol leaking from around the seal on the sender. It looks like the seal is a home made one. Could anyone tell me if a ready made seal/gasket is available ? Or do I need to make one ? Any help would be gratefully received.

Cheers :)

Welcome!

First things first - join the club. Its great for advice and social gatherings, you will not regret it.

When I bought my S7 2 years ago, I had exactly the same problem, as have many others. There are a number of solutions, but the one that has worked for me is to use a seal from a pinto engine oil filter. So, if you change your oil and filter, use the old seal. Mine's been on for 18 months or so, including a trip to Le Mans, with no leakage.

There are other solutions, Peter Bell has used an O ring successfully (can't remember the exact details), you can also stillbuy the seal from Ford still for literally a few pence, but I could never get them to work.

Best of luck and get that membership form in the post!

Andy

Guest SYTURPS

Thank you very much indeed for the information. I'll be off to the shop tomorrow for an oil filter.

p.s I'm writing out the envelope now!

Cheers

Syturps :)

I had a problem on mine where by no amount of sealing would cure the leak, it turns out that the stud that is used to mount the sender has a gap in the weld and so it leaks from there, it's worth checking.

Guest SYTURPS

First of all let me say a big thanks to everyone for all the help, sure I can solve the problem now, I'll let you know how it goes. ....... Will it ever stop raining?Think I should 've got a boat instead.

Also profile updated

Sy :)