2B Shocks Springs Etc. Measurements

Simon Parish

Hi All

Need some help.

I'm looking at getting new shocks and springs for the 2B, however, I know they are going to want loads of measurements from me and I have no idea what or how to measure them.

Does anyone out there have a comprehensive list of these measurements that I could use so that I can give them to Dampertech, protech etc so I can get correct prices and parts before I order?

Its a 2b with wishbones and has original zimmermans on it

Thanks

Si

I bought my gaz gold shocks off ebay new and dyno'd for £190 i think for the pair on the front. Gaz golds are alloy body. The normal ones are galv'd steel.

The green zimmeride shocks are 320lbs so i went up a little to 350lbs.

13inch open 9 inch closed.

I think the rears are 16inch open 9inch closed and again people seem to run 350lb - 400lb springs.

Dave at Dampertech wouldn't tell me what i was buying other than they were gaz shocks that would be right for a 2b. I like to know what i am buying so i did my own thing.

HTH

Gaz are rubbish, on my 2b they failed in under 3000miles and corroded badly and the damping adjustment didn't work in the correct range for a light car. Where as my procomp / protek are in good condition after 3 yrs and 11000 miles and the damping adjustment was set up for a light car.. sold as dyno matched pairs.

Edited by DanE

i had gaz on mine . no issues. i just contacted dave .. told him what i had.. he ave me a few options and its local enough to me i swung by to pick em up personally.

• Like 1