Water Plumbing

• 1 year later...

Hi all

Sorry for reopening an old post, i'm in the process of making a few tweaks ahead of the spring and hoping the rhocar community can help my sanity! As such i'll apologies in advance for the basic posts i may add in the coming weeks.

Here is a link to a rather rubbish drawing of my water set up. I think this is pretty much where it needs to be. The overflow from the rad currently just goes to the ground rather than a bottle and there is a pressure cap on the rad. https://www.dropbox.com/s/0ll0qb171bs2bbl/Photo%2012-03-2017%2C%2011%2013%2002.jpg?dl=0

Seemed to run ok last year, it has boiled when idling but i think that was more my fault for not switching the fan on early enough / lack of summer coolant. As such i plan to add a thermostat switch to turn the fan on automatically.

I currently have the bottom thermostat sensor going to the gauge. The top sensor is doing nothing - is there anyway i can get this to control the fan? Failing that i'll but a thermo switch - is this best being screwed into the rad, or could i put it into a pipe (some are alloy as advised) so might form a tighter bond than tapping the plastic rad?

Any thoughts appriciated

Thanks

Simon

There are many ways, I like to bring the relay in with my ecu because it's easy to set it to the exact temperature you want that way, fully adjustable :) I also have a dash switch I can press to bring it on manually if I wish, but regardless of the switch the ecu brings the fan on at xx degrees.

If you have a dual fan or duel speed fan set up you can also cascade them at different temperatures, a little over kill but something I'm keen on.