Windscreen

Guest bloke

Guest bloke

ta, im lookin for the tips etc further to the gen info...

also technology has moved on in the two years since i last watched the videos... we havnt got a video now :wacko:

bill, can you tell me about any good sites to look at!! :p B) :rolleyes:

Guest turbo

hello

i was worried about the self tappers holding the frame to the pillars so bought a 5mm tap and was going to strip the frame back down and tap the holes or put bolts in from the inside out.

as i couldent be arsed striping it i just went with carefully drilling the holes and fitting three cut self tappers on each side,these seem to get a sufficient hold.

when you do the 2 screws through the bottom corners to hold the frame together be very carefull not to catch the window as on mine there was no room between catching the two frames and missing the window with the drill.

the 2 screws i suggest you screw from the inside of the frame out the way and cut of the tip of the screw as it exits the frame,the head of the screw will be dug into the u channel of the underside frame,the head of the screw will stick out a bit but not to worry as when you offer the screen to the bonnet you will probably have a rather large gap between the curve of the frame and the curve of the bonnet.

on doing the pillars,this was a bit of a pain in the arse what i did was bent one so it looked about right and secured it to the car and screen then went round the other side and shaped it to suit,i found this quite a job but as i chose to mount my suzzuki mirrors here they helped pull the curve to the bonnet.

i think just hammering the pillars would eventually get the right shape but i got fed up,i think this is one of these jobs that will be ok or not ok,for me this time it was the not ok :gdit:

best of luck hope this helps.

turbo

Guest bloke

cheers turbo, having looked at sites and read your info as always theres more than one way of completing this job

i like the idea of the self tapper screwing outwards and the idea of putting bolts from the inside of the frame to the pillars

also big jims pillars with a welded recess on the pillars.

really want to sum up all the different methods before i go ahead and crack the screen!!

Guest bloke

cheers guys, went looking for the rubber seal that goes in the ali u bar but after 2.5 years not only has the video player gone, so has the seal -any help with what it looks like or if you can get it on tinternet?? or i may wait till oulton??

Guest bloke

i will get to see what rhsc customer servcie is like now! however, lookin to get the screen fitted before next winter!!

cheers dave, i have sent you a pm

Guest bloke

dave, was good to meet you an i like your method of fixin the ali frame together - looks tidy

ta for the seal and as soon as rh comes good ill forward your replacement