Ford Sapphire Dohc Starter Motor

Guest jelleyhead

Guest jelleyhead

Hi all i am looking for a starter motor as mine has given up . Engine was from a j reg ford sapphire 2.0 dohc if anybody knows were i can get one or has one they don't need.

Guest jelleyhead

Hi the starter is ok it's the solenoid thats packed up the wire that goes to one of the terminals has broken off in side i did try to fix it.

I have had a look around but you can't get just the solenoid on it's own.

You have to buy the starter motor the ones i found seem to be different to the one on the engine.

Am not sure of anywere in my area that fixes starters?

As Tractor says, have a look in your area for a repairer, I had my starter reconditioned at a local place at a good price

Must read your last post more carefully! If you search for dc motor repairers you may find one.g

Edited by cb750

The starter solenoid will quite happily do without a turn or 2 on the windings. Take one or 2 of the coil to give enough slack to re-solder & also clean all the contacts/remove gunge while in there.

Re- wired/cleaned Florin's starter solenoid 5 years ago after it failed & still all good. ( crossed fingers/ money spider around head/4 leaf clover picked)